Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to our new Forum .
(01-08-2022, 03:10 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: Hmmm.... a timely warning, I'd better back up both my forums quick smart so I don't loose all of the knowledge and membership.
Glad to see the KCA rise from the ashes, it requires a lot of dedication to get a forum up and running, I inherited both of mine.

T1 Terry

Yes, it was a frantic week or so......
We were all losing access to the old site, one by one.
Fortunately we had a week of rain (here) & I was able to save a lot of the stickies.....but all member threads have been lost.
Some folks jumped in quickly while they still had access and were able to cut n paste their stuff over.
Makes me realise how many valuable contributions were made in (now lost) discussions.

The new KCA will only ever be as good as its members and how much they are prepared to re-post. Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Sadly due to various forums closing and heading to FB a lot if old links get lost or no longer work. We need to build it all up again I suppose, will do my best.....
79 Bay camper
66 Beetle
65 Split project
It’s been at least 6 months since I logged into the old site so it felt a bit like finding out an old friend had passed way when I found it had gone. Thanks for creating the new site. Cheers Michael
(01-08-2022, 05:35 PM)Oldman Wrote: Yes, it was a frantic week or so......
We were all losing access to the old site, one by one.
Fortunately we had a week of rain (here) & I was able to save a lot of the stickies.....but all member threads have been lost.
Some folks jumped in quickly while they still had access and were able to cut n paste their stuff over.
Makes me realise how many valuable contributions were made in (now lost) discussions.

The new KCA will only ever be as good as its members and how much they are prepared to re-post. Wink

Most of the bit I was able to offer were in the form of replies to member questions who were looking for help.
I could write a few bits about using lithium batteries as starter and house batteries if that would help .....

T1 Terry
(02-08-2022, 10:43 AM)T1 Terry Wrote: Most of the bit I was able to offer were in the form of replies to member questions who were looking for help.
I could write a few bits about using lithium batteries as starter and house batteries if that would help .....

T1 Terry

Restart your thread Terry Shy please. The old thread led to some spirited discussion & amusement from my side Wink.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(02-08-2022, 09:48 PM)DavidH Wrote: Restart your thread Terry Shy please. The old thread led to some spirited discussion & amusement from my side Wink.
Cheers

…..and as long as the “spirited discussion” does not degenerate into insults and flaming, as it did on the old site, it’ll be ok….
New forum, same rules. Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Hi bern, 
Good to see you got over to the new site. Welcome
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Woohoo i'm a newby again !! Thanks Mel I finally worked it out!!  Big Grin
Welcome back Stusbus
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Still trying to get the word out that this is the new forum and the other one has been lost. Members do not automatically get joined up here again. Thanks for getting stuck in and becoming part of the club again.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".