Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(28-01-2023, 09:10 PM)Ninga Wrote: Guessing Scotty would be keen to crank it up?  Wink
Clever using marine stereo in regard to the safaris. 
Curious… what was the first song played on it?

Scott and the bloke who installed it and ran the business were standing there like little boys grinning.
I couldn't find my iPod in my bag so he showed me how to bluetooth to my phone.
I didn't pick a song, it just went to one on my playlist and it was booming Wink

It was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVMyXDsadLQ
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Picked up Schmett from mechanic. Running well with a tune up and a few other things ticked off the 'to do' list. Ready for Easter!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
My 1972 front brake calipers started leaking and they are the smaller sized ones with the 13mm disk.
I looked for parts but in the end went for the calliper "conversion kit" that JK sell.

Apart from having to drill the lower bolt hole to make it slightly larger so the bush could go into it, the installation took less than 3 hours.  I highly recommend this conversion kit and I now have larger callipers that can accept the thicker brake pads.  Still the 13mm disks though and I treated Daisy to new ones of those as well.
Looked at it sitting forlorn in the carport, still waiting for work to be completed. Then went out, jumped in the Notch and headed to BusStop.
(07-04-2023, 08:50 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Looked at it sitting forlorn in the carport, still waiting for work to be completed. Then went out, jumped in the Notch and headed to BusStop.

Poor notch, probably needs a heart transplant as well going by what we're saying .
(07-04-2023, 08:55 PM)Chris Taylor Wrote: Poor notch, probably needs a heart transplant as well going by what we're saying .

Needs it's old heart put back in Chris. Planned for this year.  Wink
(07-04-2023, 08:50 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Looked at it sitting forlorn in the carport, still waiting for work to be completed. Then went out, jumped in the Notch and headed to BusStop.

At least it still a very cool VW to attend with.   Cool

Enjoy the weekend……..  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Well that is annoying!  Daisy is now 1000km since I got the roadworthy, so I treated her to an oil change and checked that all nuts and bolts are nice and tight on all of the bits I replaced. I then checked the rear hub nuts and the passenger side thread must have sheared when I tightened it and now just spins around on the stub axle thread.
It was an after market hub nut and it almost feels like it isn't very strong steel.  Grumble grumble.
(22-01-2023, 03:59 PM)wagonwanderer Wrote: I replaced the rear fixed windows with sliding windows. Some of the rubber seal tore on the inside. but they seem ok.
the sliding door had a vent window and it's a bit rusty on the rim where the vet window was fixed in .  Ive wire brushed and sanded the rim but im not sure if i should fill the gap after the penetrol dries?  I don't have car filler so I thought airdry clay or fimo with added fibre would work too.  should I fill the gap?

Found a free hour today and fitted the "new found" T3 slider latch. Nice and neat, the outer handle sits flat (no 45 degree floppy fit) and it locks and looks just right. EXCEPT, the lock does not have the OEM internal Central Lock fitment.  Grrrr, one day I must pull it all apart so all 4 doors run with 1 key. That is 1 OEM central locking key. Why not?
Went to fit motor but realised I'm missing a piece of tinware at rear so i fitted some window rubbers..
Had some bespoke cupboards built by Ralph owner of Carter & Croke from old pine art benches rescued from catholic school to be fitted this week. 
Still a bit to do but getting close.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)