Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(25-03-2024, 10:19 AM)Mordred Wrote: Had Tams car get hit in the Bunning carpark when a older guy in a Mercedes ran straight into the front of our Sorento. (Tam was manning the barby 50 meters away but witnessed it. Being Tassie we actually knew the bloke and we think he had misjudged it, but the nudge bar got pushed into the bumper and the bar, bumper and grille all need replacing. We filled out the online Shannon's form and its AI worked out she was at fault! Bit of chasing around and it is in the process of getting sorted.  

Bottom line is I am glad she saw it.  A few of the Dashcams can be set to record when parked and record when they sense a collision, but I don't think it is an option on this one but I did buy it more for the other features so happy to see how we go.  If I can see the benefit I might buy a full 4K system which are priced even higher that this all in one unit which is only 1080P, but even so is much better than a 720P unit I had years ago. 

Adrian
Hook it up to a 12v always on circuit using a voltage sensing unit such as this. That will at least give you footage until the voltage drops. Note that this one cuts the negative feed to the camera.
Battery voltage protector
PR
Packed ready to roll to Merimbula..
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
(25-03-2024, 10:48 PM)Alpal Wrote: Packed ready to roll to Merimbula..

Safe travels……and enjoy the ride!  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(25-03-2024, 07:53 AM)Mordred Wrote: Fitted a Android Auto/Apple Carplay/Reversing camera/Front and rear Dashcam unit in over the weekend.  Been wanting to upgrade the radio to do Bluetooth and this came up on special.  Has Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, FM transmitter or Audio out to the radio and 1080P from both cameras.  With position of the front cam the suction cup bracket gets in the way where I have mount it but on the dash with a little spacer to raise it a little you don.t get too much of the wipers in the pic. Switches to reversing camera when backing. and unlike many reversing camera kits, the camera cable is 8m so it easily goes front to back with slack.

Pretty impressed so far.

Adrian

Nice gadget, and nice music too.
(25-03-2024, 08:18 AM)Barry Wrote: Might have to think about that.
Last weekend some goose in a Merc 4WD was in front of me in a narrow 2-way street, parking both sides but only room for 1 car.
Typical inner city where you have to pull over to let cars through.

We both pull over to let another car through, and then all of a sudden goose starts reversing. Straight into me. BANG.
Reckon I had my hand on horn for a good 5 seconds - and it's a loud horn.
Then he drives off - finally pulling up a couple of blocks away.
I get out and let rip.
He's a big bloke and reckons it was my fault because he was recversing into a parking spot.
His farther gets out and tells me to calm down.
I look at the bay, and surprisingly there was no dammage.
Reckon his tow bar hit right on the rubber strip.
He apologises and they drive off.

Cant imagine how it would have ended if there was damage.
He would have just said "he drove into me"
I would have been stuffed I reckon

Good argument for dash cam.
(25-03-2024, 08:18 AM)Barry Wrote: Last weekend some goose in a Merc 4WD was in front of me in a narrow 2-way street, parking both sides but only room for 1 car.

Sunday at Tumbarumba walking back to the Prado from about 50m away I hear crunch and see a car has reversed into it. 90yo woman in car just stops there. I get to the car and hers is compressing the bumper on my Prado. I said you have just hit my car. "No I didn't". "Look you have broken the plastic on the bumper" "No it was like that".

What a horrible old woman that really shouldn't be driving. Luckily when I got home and cleaned everything up I found it just needed to be clipped back in place.
Lucky there Phil.
Hopefully it doesnt pop off on the next bump.

Glad you werent out in the oval
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(27-03-2024, 12:30 PM)syncro Wrote: Sunday at Tumbarumba walking back to the Prado from about 50m away I hear crunch and see a car has reversed into it. 90yo woman in car just stops there. I get to the car and hers is compressing the bumper on my Prado. I said you have just hit my car. "No I didn't". "Look you have broken the plastic on the bumper" "No it was like that".

What a horrible old woman that really shouldn't be driving. Luckily when I got home and cleaned everything up I found it just needed to be clipped back in place.

Police report would trigger a question of fitness for driving - I know they want their independence but its a danger to everyone else on the road.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
New door cards fitted in Josie. We painted the back of the cards with 3 coats of clear varnish to give them a bit more resistance to moisture.

My fingers are still sore - you probably know this but if you have the original clips to hold door cards on, hang onto them - the new ones are garbage and don't fit properly. Unfortunately I was missing quite a few old ones - they had broken or rusted or were just missing. Speakers are not going back in the doors. Also found a piece of door stay that was just sitting in the bottom of the passenger door - it opens and closes fine so it must have been replaced at some stage.

I am pretty happy with the results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Nice work.

I have said it before - but I particularly dislike the bottom grille.
Makes that corner so weak.

Did you put backing plastic or just the paint?

I have some new cards to put on my bay.
I have the ABS ones there at the moment.
So rugged and fantastic - I dont really want to take them off.

I have backing plastic and I will paint the new cards as well, so should work out ok
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy