Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated double relay for air cooled T3 owners.
Hey Airpumper T3 owners ? Some of you might remember me as Dapom from the old KC forum. 
How many of you recognise this little guy? This is the double relay which is mounted in the back left hand corner of your engine bay (if you have FI). Chances are you might not be aware of this unit, what it does or how it could leave you stranded. So a little information for you….
The double relay is used to provide power to the fuel pump on startup and a majority of the fuel injection system at all times. When it starts to fail it can cause hot and cold start issues and high idle. When it fails then your bus will not run without replacement (currently available from Mick Motors for $840.50).
I have had several of these fail and each time I was driving along, quite happy enjoying my bus when it just shut down. No spluttering or coughing, just dead. This lead to the tow truck on several occasions.
I’m happy to say that there is now a solution so that you’re not stranded waiting for a tow. I have developed the T3lay to have external relays so should one break, you can just plug a new one in and continue enjoying your bus. Feedback from current T3lay owners is that cold and hot starts are improved and generally their buses feel smoother with a T3lay installed.
Head over to the new members section for a big post with all the info Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)