Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Vehicles Interstate
I hope you never have to deal with Service SA. We make a 2 hr 150km return trip each time we need to deal Service SA to an office with intelligent staff and manager that can actually get stuff sorted .... if they hadn't made firearms so hard to own, there would be far fewer morons working the counters in
these state owned offices, the Darwin effect would have removed them from the gene pool so they didn't breed more of them  Rolleyes

I am in the midst of sorting a camera offence speeding fine in Victoria and that is a case of banging the head against the wall. It took me half a day to work through the various govt depts to get the "official" designation for the camera that recorded the offence, then yet another hr finding the register of the certifications for these cameras, but it was worth the effort, the camera has been out of certification at the time of the recorded offence back in Oct last yr and still has not been certified .... it will be interesting as to how this will play out .....  

I've given up trying to get the rego papers for a Blade Electron I bought 2 yrs ago just as Covid hit Sydney, the RMS has simply lost them somewhere so there is no record of the ownership being transferred to my name .... even though they took money for it  Angry Their accounting system must be a wonder to behold, you or I couldn't get away with that sort of record keeping, but it appears they can .....

T1 Terry
(17-03-2024, 05:55 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: I hope you never have to deal with Service SA. We make a 2 hr 150km return trip each time we need to deal Service SA to an office with intelligent staff and manager that can actually get stuff sorted .... if they hadn't made firearms so hard to own, there would be far fewer morons working the counters in
these state owned offices, the Darwin effect would have removed them from the gene pool so they didn't breed more of them  Rolleyes

I am in the midst of sorting a camera offence speeding fine in Victoria and that is a case of banging the head against the wall. It took me half a day to work through the various govt depts to get the "official" designation for the camera that recorded the offence, then yet another hr finding the register of the certifications for these cameras, but it was worth the effort, the camera has been out of certification at the time of the recorded offence back in Oct last yr and still has not been certified .... it will be interesting as to how this will play out .....  

I've given up trying to get the rego papers for a Blade Electron I bought 2 yrs ago just as Covid hit Sydney, the RMS has simply lost them somewhere so there is no record of the ownership being transferred to my name .... even though they took money for it  Angry Their accounting system must be a wonder to behold, you or I couldn't get away with that sort of record keeping, but it appears they can .....

T1 Terry
See Vic road safety camera  locations
PR
(17-03-2024, 05:55 PM)T1 Terry Wrote:  I am in the midst of sorting a camera offence speeding fine in Victoria and that is a case of banging the head against the wall. It took me half a day to work through the various govt depts to get the "official" designation for the camera that recorded the offence, then yet another hr finding the register of the certifications for these cameras, but it was worth the effort, the camera has been out of certification at the time of the recorded offence back in Oct last yr and still has not been certified .... it will be interesting as to how this will play out .....  

T1 Terry

Depends if you were exceeding the speed limit at the time or not, I guess. Rolleyes

And if you were, whether you are trying to get the fine waived, on a certification technicality…….
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(17-03-2024, 05:23 PM)rstucke Wrote: how are you going to do that?

Unfortunately it will never happen. We will just have to put up with this state stupidity.
(17-03-2024, 07:03 PM)Grantus Wrote: Depends if you were exceeding the speed limit at the time or not, I guess. Rolleyes

And if you were, whether you are trying to get the fine waived, on a certification technicality…….

Vic allows a driver to request a review because the infringement notice is designed to 'correct' your behaviour.

Famously, in 1918, former MFB CEO Dan Stephens received 7 speeding fines in a few weeks.
He was only required to pay the first fine because the other 6 offences were committed before the first infringement notice arrived in the mail therefore denying him the opportunity to correct his errant behaviour!

See Fine fixer for a template to request a review.
PR
Oh, the poor enabled soul !!
In my opinion, 99% of speeding drivers KNOW they are over the limit at the time of the offence.
Breaking the law has consequences.....there is so much publicity around speeding/seatbelts/school zones/bus lanes etc. that I find it very hard to comprehend the approach that a fine/s can be waived without proper extenuating circumstances....
I was in WA recently and in the company of a barrister friend. He was clocked exceeding the speed limit on a major freeway North. 
G went down the path of speed camera testing/certification and challenged a technicality in court.
He was excused and the fine waived.....he also acknowledged, to me, that he knew he was speeding.
I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

I wonder how these folks would feel if a loved one was killed or seriously injured at the expense of a speeding driver that had their speeding infringement waived as the result of a technicality...... Blush
Just my two bob's worth.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(18-03-2024, 09:04 AM)Oldman Wrote: Oh, the poor enabled soul !!
In my opinion, 99% of speeding drivers KNOW they are over the limit at the time of the offence.
Breaking the law has consequences.....there is so much publicity around speeding/seatbelts/school zones/bus lanes etc. that I find it very hard to comprehend the approach that a fine/s can be waived without proper extenuating circumstances....
I was in WA recently and in the company of a barrister friend. He was clocked exceeding the speed limit on a major freeway North. 
G went down the path of speed camera testing/certification and challenged a technicality in court.
He was excused and the fine waived.....he also acknowledged, to me, that he knew he was speeding.

I wonder how these folks would feel if a loved one was killed or seriously injured at the expense of a speeding driver that had their speeding infringement waived as the result of a technicality...... Blush
Just my two bob's worth.

I most certainly wasn't speeding, it was a major intersection and a lot of traffic, to travel at the posted 60km/h I'd be running up the rear of the bloke in front .... these things are supposed to be tested every 3 mths to verify their accuracy, this one was past its 12 mth certification .... I wonder how many other motorists were pinged by this camera .... it was 65km/h recorded in a 60km/h zone, but $410 fine, just revenue raising and the on going increase in insurance premiums means simply paying it to get it over and done with is not something in my best interests.

T1 Terry
(18-03-2024, 09:04 AM)Oldman Wrote: Oh, the poor enabled soul !!

Just my two bob's worth.

Yes I hate people getting off with technicalities. Unless it is poor signage etc. (Signs behind trees or signs missing.)
Still cannot get a written answer on this. Was told on the phone "It should be OK."

Why does the government employ these retards?