Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clubbed by a Kombi
G’day. 3 weeks into a Kombi project and much wiser than before. I started with shell. Kilos of rust cut out and nearly finished with that side of things. I thought joining your club might be a sensible thing to do as I have many questions forming in my mind. Geoff.
Welcome Geoff!
Might be a good idea to change your location from Australia to something more local - that way if someone can give you a hand or help out, they have more of an idea where you are Smile

Show us some photos if you can - we love photos!!

Good luck - we have some great knowledge here.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(01-03-2024, 06:48 AM)Geoff1369 Wrote: G’day. 3 weeks into a Kombi project and much wiser than before. I started with shell. Kilos of rust cut out and nearly finished with that side of things. I thought joining your club might be a sensible thing to do as I have many questions forming in my mind. Geoff.

Welcome Geoff to KCA. May you get many years of joy from your bus after the resto.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(01-03-2024, 07:04 AM)Melissa Wrote: Welcome Geoff!
Might be a good idea to change your location from Australia to something more local - that way if someone can give you a hand or help out, they have more of an idea where you are Smile

I’m in Terang, Victoria. A small rural township in the South Western district.
(01-03-2024, 07:04 AM)Melissa Wrote: Welcome Geoff!

I got the shell 10 year ago, $100, was a left over from another guys project. I did quite a bit of work on it back then, went around the roof cutting out gutter sections and welding in new changed the nose cone and found lots of assorted bits with an intention of building my own motor. I rebuilt the block but stopped there. We were too busy with our business for me to put the time in. We’ve now retired and I dragged the Kombi to our new home and restarted the project 3 weeks ago. It’s a 77 and originally had a 2ltr manual. That’s what’s going back into it.
Welcome to Kombi Club Australia Geoff!  Smile

Enjoy the ride……….  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Great to have a project to work on in retirement! 
I hope you don't mind that I updated your location. You should maybe look at getting along to Revolks later in the year in Geelong.

Looking forward to hearing your progress Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Welcome to the KC Geoff, Hope you finish your kombi so you can enjoy it wherever you take it, with a smile.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Welcome to KCA Geoff....
Ask as many questions as you like....someone has, more than likely, the answer....lots of experience on the Forum pages.
Worth a look through the "Important Threads" stuck at the beginning of each Section.
Retirement is a bonus if you're working on a bus....takes the pressure off the weekends !  Big Grin
Enjoy the ride  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I’ve been cutting rust out of the Kombi for a while, I replaced the front cab panel the steps and guard on both sides and about 2/3 of the roof gutter. I just got to working the driver door and found it had a large area fibreglassed, under this the door skin is beyond repair, so I plan to buy a replacement skin. Meanwhile I need to take a few days off the Kombi and do a bit of gardening.