Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Love of Kombis Norah Head 10.2.24
What a wonderful turnout & day raising funds for the Iris Foundation. A few pictures to show it happened. Rain was predicted but stayed away. A great job from Mrs & Mr Beckstar Big Grin .attachment=5557]        
Second awning from the RHS. Took it for the predicted rain & needed it for the shade!
Great catch up with some KCA members.
Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Another    
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Thanks for the photos David -I just couldn't get there yesterday.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Thanks for the pics David, looks like the weather gods were smiling on the event.
...it was windy and rainy here yesterday...but then, I didn't have a kombi to drive anyway   Confused
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
@melissa @oldman such a shame you couldn't make it. I was flat out all day so it was hard to tell what it was like to attend, but I had a lot of attendees saying what an awesome time they had, so very happy with that.
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
Great to hear Chris - I am sure you and Sharyn put your heart and soul into what will hopefully be an annual event Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(12-02-2024, 09:54 PM)Melissa Wrote: Great to hear Chris - I am sure you and Sharyn put your heart and soul into what will hopefully be an annual event Smile

Yes, we've talked about it and decided we'll do it again next year. We'll probably aim for 50 kombis next time now that we know the interest is there. We had 34 register this time but it could have been a lot more if they had tried to register earlier. Hopefully people will be familiar with the event next year and register early! We don't want it to be too big though, the Iris Foundation have a limited number of volunteers to run the event so we don't want to be overwhelmed, and also don't want to be too crammed into the space.
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
Sounds like a plan Wink