Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kombi Man - the movie (sort of....a review )
Hey folks, went and saw this movie last night.....
The trailer that I linked into my post in the Kombi Spotting thread implies that the movie is about the journey of finding a kombi , restoring it and ups and downs of the experience......

The movie has snippets of that, however the actual focus of the movie is one man's vulnerability when faced with a terminal illness and his quest for peace within himself.
The kombi is definitely not the subject of the movie, however it is integral to the storyline.
Had I known the content, I would most likely not have paid to see it.....not saying that it's a bad movie, just not the kombi search, find, restore flick I thought it was going to be.

Saw a couple of previous KC members there, who felt the same.....
Just thought I'd let folks know......
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
might wait then until it comes out on.............................netflix? or something
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Thanks Mark,

We haven't had an opportunity to see it locally, although it was screened in Burnie which wasn't practical for me. I was of a similar expectation to you so Ill wait to see it down the track.

Cheers Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Thanks for the heads up was thinking of going to see it this Saturday now my weekend has freed up
Agree with comments but still think it was worth seeing. Take a tissue!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Good “heads up”, as to what you expect to see from the promo, and what you will actually see. 

To those that have seen it, thanks for sharing.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Well, tomorrow, Saturday 3rd, our "local" drive in at Yatala - possibly the only one in Qld, is showing the movie - there is a Kombi display on before the movie -we are going in Mr K. It should be fun but I note your warning that the movie uses the Kombi as a prop. Should be interesting as I have stage 4 prostate cancer so I will be ablt to empathise with the main character.
Geez…….. all the best Brisy
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
What Barry said ^^^^^

All the best for a smooth journey ahead.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Ditto Barry and Grant’s sentiments…..
Wishing you a Victory against the Bastard Disease.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light