Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
When your daughter asks to borrow the Kombi for a few hours

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

New windscreen. Old one had a small crack to one side.
I think it may have been original. Deep scrapes from the wipers and a couple of flat spots that the wiper missed.
Now! Wow. A nice clear view.
The missus dropped it off, got a lift to work, and got a call to say it was done!
Great day today, fixed a few frustrating issues with Elsie.  Smile
1. Steering fixed and no longer wandering all over the place.  Drives like a proper road worthy vehicle.
2. Fuel gauge working properly after sitting on zero for years.  No longer using the note pad in the glove box each fill, recording the odometer reading and working out how close I am to empty.
3. Replaced the leads and spark plugs which fixed the rough running of the engine when cruising due to high resistance in the leads.
Went for run and ran like a dream.  Happy as  Smile
Cheers Craig
Not what “I did to my Kombi”, but more what I paid my trusted technician to do…..

Got the Single Cab back from it’s 5K service. New front brakes, fresh fluids, and still running like it should. 

Did the swap with the Kanga Banga, so he can do the same, ready for the Old Bar run.

Luckily I can only drive one at a time, so one at home, and one in the shop is cool, for as long as it takes each time, which takes the pressure off him, if he has “urgent blow-ins”, delaying my work by a day or three.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(01-09-2022, 08:50 PM)Grantus Wrote: Not what “I did to my Kombi”, but more what I paid my trusted technician to do…..

Got the Single Cab back from it’s 5K service. New front brakes, fresh fluids, and still running like it should. 

Did the swap with the Kanga Banga, so he can do the same, ready for the Old Bar run.

Luckily I can only drive one at a time, so one at home, and one in the shop is cool, for as long as it takes each time, which takes the pressure off him, if he has “urgent blow-ins”, delaying my work by a day or three.  Wink
Isn't that what Jaguar owners say " one in the driveway, one at the shops ." Wink Tongue
I can't talk with my three or four Rolleyes  Blush to choose from.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Must be the time for it - Josie got dropped off at the mechanic for a look at the dissy and fix the low idle which means quite often her cutting out when you come to a stop. She has not been driven since Easter and its almost time for rego so with a pink slip, she will be going over to club rego.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(01-09-2022, 09:26 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Isn't that what Jaguar owners say " one in the driveway, one at the shops ." Wink Tongue
I can't talk with my three or four Rolleyes  Blush to choose from.

No, Jag owners have one tucked away in the garage, whilst the other is long term in the shop, and just use their daily (usually German) “run about” vehicle.

My planned workload, always allows for one workhorse to be off for essentials, and with two, I can ease the pressure on my technician, by not insisting “I need it done now!”, (as I can use the other).

It gives him time, if discovered parts required, are not readily available.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Stripped down my slightly rust “mini me” trailer and painted to match

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

76 Sopru Campmobile “Luna”73 L bug75 L bug in bits
(02-09-2022, 01:47 PM)Luna76 Wrote: Stripped down my slightly rust “mini me” trailer and painted to match

Love that! Do they come in Riverina Orange?  Wink
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
(01-09-2022, 09:58 PM)Melissa Wrote: Must be the time for it - Josie got dropped off at the mechanic for a look at the dissy and fix the low idle which means quite often her cutting out when you come to a stop. She has not been driven since Easter and its almost time for rego so with a pink slip, she will be going over to club rego.

How does the club rego work Melissa? Is Kombi Club Australia now recognised as a motor club for the purposes of conditional registration? I can get historic or classic car rego for Kombi for only $85 if that's the case .....

T1 Terry