Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What did you do to your kombi today ?
(08-07-2022, 05:53 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Quick arvo fabrication of a couple of jack stands today. Then jacked up the front of the bus. Bloody jack got to 10mm short of being able to get the stands under. So tomorrow I'll use a different jack.
Also got old retread tyres taken off 2 rims, which I'll clean up for paint over the weekend. Will have to wait to paint 1 though as I have to replace a couple of hubcap clips. Ordered them today, hopefully they'll be here soon. 
Still have the front brake cylinders to pull out tomorrow.

20mm block of wood under the jack first????  Rolleyes

Just a suggestion……….  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Jack fully wound up and on 40mm of blocks and wedged under the beam. The new jack stands are just a bit tall for that jack. Will get the bigger one out of the falcon in the morning and get it on the stands. Had to get in and keep the boss happy or I would have done it tonight.  Wink
(08-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Grantus Wrote: 20mm block of wood under the jack first????  Rolleyes

Just a suggestion……….  Tongue

I have a piece of 90 x 90 mm hwd, 200mm long with recesses the size of the jack head in each end and face for just this purpose  Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(07-07-2022, 06:42 AM)Oldman Wrote: So no one’s done anything to their kombis lately….? Tongue
I just keep looking at it through the rain….
At least it’s under cover now.

Not good weather for doing things so best to leave her in the shed. Nice n dry in there.
    I finished a wiring under the dash tidy up. Added an extra power feed from the Starter bolt and then ran that through an ignition controlled relay (relays mounted in the factory fuse box in spare slots) to a new fuse box mounted under the dash tray. Moved all the accessories, Radio, CB, usb outlets etc on to new fuses. Added an override switch into the relay circuit so I can have accessories without the ignition on too.
That got rid of a lot of extra load off the ignition switch and the main fuse box feed cable. A lot tidier under the dash now too.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Verrry nice Adrian.  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thank you. A job that needed doing, but made so much better when I discovered how easy it was to hide the relays. Those positions take any standard mini relay and uninsulated spade connectors. So much neater than screwing them to a hidden place under the dash where you ant access them.

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Hi Groovers,

I've done the second fuse panel set up so all camping 'draw' is on the house battery. It isolates via relay when the ignition is off so can't flatten the house battery when camping Shy .

Got a few other bits powered thru that panel.

The stereo.

The DRL's.    

The porch lights.

Not all in the right place Huh
Rusty days!!
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(14-07-2022, 10:19 PM)DavidH Wrote: Hi Groovers,

I've done the second fuse panel set up so all camping 'draw' is on the house battery. It isolates via relay when the ignition is off so can't flatten the house battery when camping Shy .

Got a few other bits powered thru that panel.

The stereo.

The DRL's.

The porch lights.

Not all in the right place Huh
Rusty days!!
Cheers
Looks great Dave 
Love the pics.
Chris.T
Jump started the T3 which has been parked in the muddy driveway since the road was cutoff by the flooding. Something keeps draining the battery. Nevertheless another victory over the waters.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.