Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burts old Kombi
This was one of the best kombis going around. Burt , A long time Kombi club member from the original website from Brakens Ridge Q.L.D., sold it off for big money quite a few years ago. An here is what it is like today after they had finished using it in 2020.. It was made into a D.J. booth. A new owner has it now and is going to do some work on it and make it a beer  selling promo car. [color=#050505][size=1][font='Segoe UI Historic', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Spent the day figuring out all the wiring on the Dj booth (was a ex beer/promotional vehicle) in the old girl, after talking to the last guy who used it in 2020, was able to get it moving again.
Yeah....turned into an absolute travesty of a promotional vehicle......
Vinyl wrapped in XXXX Summerbright beer livery and hoisted onto the rooftop of a pub.
The engine and suspension build on Burt's bus (Igor) was awesome.
Igor was featured in VWMA a couple of times.

Proof that not everyone you sell your kombi to will respect the marque.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I hope it's not going to sell Bud Weiser  Cry Cry Tongue

I almost boght this bus before Burt.
Ended up with an air cooled T3 instead

The are direction on that bus was second to none.
The wheels, the stance................just beautiful

Before

After

76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Poor, poor Igor......
Confused
I nearly bought it before Bert sold it into slavery.....
From memory he was asking $25K.......cheap by today's prices..... but right up there back then.
I couldn't justify the money at the time.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Pay that for the paint alone

Add 
A worked 1800
Suspension
Wheels
Body work (not a ripple in that pic)
Base car

Bargain
It was only $15k from memory when I was talking and a good kombi was $7k then
Reckon it was 20-25 years ago
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
I remember the car when Peter Keegan owned and restored that kombi, first seen it at valla one year.
Doesn't matter how well the previous owners look after the car when a new owner is in town, it seems they don't have the same passion. They basically run the car into the ground in a very short period of time, the only thing they haven't done to the car is crush it but they have destroyed it.  Sad
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Such a shame but like all things once it has new owners they can do whatever they want with it and Bert was happy with the money received and who it was sold to.

We recently sold Blue Bus to market stall owners in W.A., I wonder what it looks like now?
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
The unfortunate reality is, if you sell a Kombi, you have no control over what will happen to it.

If you do sell it, the new owner is then fully entitled to do whatever they wish to it, and you have to accept their chosen path, right or wrong, whether you like it or not.

The only way to be sure to avoid the same disappointment, if you really like the way it is, and couldn’t accept to see it in any other form, is simply not to sell it.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab