04 MAY         KOMBI PARADE NIMBIN
https://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/2024/ev...yTMsehrhY8
05 MAY         G C DUB CLUB SHOW PIMPAMA
See attached Poster below.
03-04 AUG    VW SPECTACULAR VALLA
08 SEP           VW ACTION DAY WYNNUM
?? SEP           VW DRAGS WARWICK
04-06 OCT    OLD BAR BEACH FESTIVAL

If you can't find the details start a new thread.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Doug
Robina QLD
Jenny Jones - 1974 Pop-top camper bought 2005
(03-01-2024, 02:01 PM)douggieboy Wrote: 03 FEB          KOMBI MAN MOVIE YATALA DRIVE IN
10 FEB          FOR THE LOVE OF KOMBIS, NORAH HEAD NSW
17 FEB          LUV YA DUB  NOOSA
08 MAR        DUBS ON THE HILL CROWS NEST
20 APR         VALLEY OF THE DUBS DAYBORO
04 MAY         KOMBI PARADE NIMBIN
05 MAY         G C DUB CLUB SHOW PIMPAMA
03-04 AUG    VW SPECTACULAR VALLA
08 SEP           VW ACTION DAY WYNNUM
?? SEP           VW DRAGS WARWICK
04-06 OCT    OLD BAR BEACH FESTIVAL

If you can't find the details start a new thread.

Event added  Big Grin

Yeh, not sure anyone in Queensland would come down just for the Norah Head event, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit. And not out of place when events at Crows Nest, Nimbin and Old Bar NSW are shown.  Blush
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
…….and Valla
Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(04-01-2024, 11:44 AM)Mr Beckstar Wrote: Event added  Big Grin

Yeh, not sure anyone in Queensland would come down just for the Norah Head event, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit. And not out of place when events at Crows Nest, Nimbin and Old Bar NSW are shown.  Blush

Yes, Valla and Old Bar are a long way from Sunny Queensland but well supported by Kombi and other VW owners up here.
I agree that the Norah Head event would be worth a look-in if passing by. I have an appreciation for the Central Coast - my parents had a holiday house at Terrigal and my mates and I used to search for waves up your way.  One of my old cousins was in the nursing home next to the Bowls Club at Bateau Bay until recently.  We have also stayed in the Shelly Beach Holiday Park and Blue Lagoon.  
The Crows Nest event is North of Toowoomba so not such a stretch.
It seems from my discussions that many Kombi owners are worried about the fuel costs to go long distance these days.  Not what you would call fuel efficient are they?
PS Flipper Blue is our colour too.
Cheers
Doug
Robina QLD
Jenny Jones - 1974 Pop-top camper bought 2005
(15-01-2024, 06:21 AM)douggieboy Wrote: Yes, Valla and Old Bar are a long way from Sunny Queensland but well supported by Kombi and other VW owners up here.
I agree that the Norah Head event would be worth a look-in if passing by. I have an appreciation for the Central Coast - my parents had a holiday house at Terrigal and my mates and I used to search for waves up your way.  One of my old cousins was in the nursing home next to the Bowls Club at Bateau Bay until recently.  We have also stayed in the Shelly Beach Holiday Park and Blue Lagoon.  
The Crows Nest event is North of Toowoomba so not such a stretch.
It seems from my discussions that many Kombi owners are worried about the fuel costs to go long distance these days.  Not what you would call fuel efficient are they?
PS Flipper Blue is our colour too.
Cheers

Blue Lagoon and Shelly Beach are only about 3km from my place, as is Bateau Bay; all great for swimming/holidaying.

Regards fuel efficiency, no definitely not easy on the hip pocket with that. Having said that, I don't think they're too bad if you're only comparing against other 1970's models and considering they're shaped like a brick! I'm pretty sure the average HQ Holden with 202 motor would have been drinking a lot more on the highway.
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
As a Family, we used to go to Bateau Bay when access was by a looong staircase only, down to the beach and accomodation was in small fisherman's huts.
There used to be a flying fox to transport bags and supplies down to the bottom.
Now it's a boomtown suburb.......
The only constant in life is change.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light