Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CarSales.com Scammer
I have just put my Diesel Subaru Forester for sale on Carsales.com and had an sms from "Jason Miller" asking me to email him. As a precaution I did not use the link he sent but retyped the address.

" [Image: gmail-logo.png]
Jason Miller jasonevermiller8@gmail.com
Re: Car Sale
30/12/23 21:06

What's the Final asking price?Why are you selling it? Does it need anything to be replaced or repaired?Your postal code? I'm cool with the condition as described on the advert. I work on a remote mine site presently. and the reception is terrible. We do not have access to a phone at the moment, which is why I contacted you with an internet messaging facility.

Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my Nab bank account, please get back to me with your PayPal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb acct name and number if you have no PayPal acct.

I have also contacted my courier who will come to pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account. As regards the papers, all I will need is a receipt, the rego will have to be done in NT Darwin at my place of residence, so there will be no use for the existing Reg and RWC and i can buy it Unregistered

Cheers "

Just a warning to anyone selling. Be careful.
Thanks for the warning Phil. 
They must think no one knows about these tactics - its a wonder he didnt ask for a copy of your passport and licence as well  Dodgy
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Plenty of that going on, our Marketplace Caravan sale post was copied and put up for sale on a well known Caravan Sales page for $14,000 less! I only found out when someone who wanted to view it told me we had been hacked. They had seen both ads. Dodgy
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Unfortunately there are a lot of scammers out there with nothing else to do, they try to beat you down on price then want to inspect the vehicle, tell you they have been looking at other vehicles but they need a lot of repair and are unsuitable, agree on a price and want to inspect said vehicle and will pay a deposit after the inspection. An inspection is arranged which goes well but unfortunately they have forgotten to pick the deposit up before leaving home but will transfer it to your account. The prospective buyer later rings and tries to beat the price down again (unscuccessfully).  Prospective buyer is still looking at more vehicles and hopefully will get what he deserves.