Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shannon Auctions
Bugger - loved looking at what I couldn’t afford

https://www.drive.com.au/news/shannons-a...s-closure/
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Shame, the Shannons auctions were my go to for tyre kicking classic vehicles….
Plenty of other sites out there but they’re always a mixed bag of vehicles, new(er) and old.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I can see they have had more competition with other auction places providing online bidding - one thing I don't like about some online auctions is they keep adding 5 minutes to the closing time. I was recently bidding on a nice 2014 R Line Touareg in Melbourne - I was the winning bidder for a while, then someone would bid another $100 and it would add 5 minutes until another person bid again - they call it bonus time - instead of closing at 6pm - it got to 6.45pm and I gave up - I couldn't stand the stress! I pulled out at $27,200 and it sold for $27,600 - you still had to add commission and then travelling to Victoria to pick it up then registering and it was a big risk as I had not inspected it - it could have been a dud, you never know and that's the risk with auctions.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".