Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood
Having arrived at Birdwood we parked up in a large paddock only to realise it was one of 3 large paddocks! Cars and other vehicles in every direction, was amazing. We spent the next few hours wandering around looking at everything from Model T’s right through to a Subaro Agquip ute to a two tone brown Magna! The last 2 I grew up with in my childhood ? obviously showing my age. 
I sent the photo of the Magna to Mum and said to Tess and Dno, Grammy will say “I loved that car”. Yep that‘s what we got back ?. My pick for the day was an old International commercial van that has done the Bash about 10 times. Dno’s pick was the 57 Corvette and Tess the army jeep. We also enjoyed looking at number 1 LJ GTR Torana. Used in the original advertising and much more. 
Caught up with some mates and organised a bed for the night and then went to check out the museum. Wowers there was some cars and bikes in there 2! Lots of Holden’s from Efijy, Hurricane, GTR sports coup, some of the prototypes through to the Holden overhead assembly plant with the autographed last Holden. Lots of garagmobillia, car driving computer games through the generations and even a Telecom phone that was used at festivals and you could call on it. That one was for Jim as he was a Telecom technician. And a 1 to 1 scale Lego car. By the time we got around the museum the place was deserted and the kombi was all alone as everyone has left by early afternoon. 
We made our way back to mates for the night at Bridgewater and the kombi felt at home with a spot in the shed next to a HJ Holden. 

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!

Messages In This Thread
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 24-10-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 05-11-2023, 09:09 AM