Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood
I tried to get a photo of the first Adelaide road sign we came to and got it…. sort of…… Made Dno pull up for the next one ?.  

Pulled over on the Hay plain (biggest flattest area in the southern hemisphere) after we started hearing a noise and feeling a slight vibration. One of the wheel bearings on the trailer was on the way out, so traveling prepared Dno changed out the inner bearing. I took up my normal roll of assistant mechanic, photographer, nature watcher, boredom buster, mum and nurse. 

Yes, Tess stacked the scooter off one of the concrete truck dividers and scraped up her hand and knee. Dno finished finger packing the bearing with grease only to realise it was a Ford bearing not Holden (no wonder it failed). Luckily he has put both sets in the spare parts department box so we where covered. Reverse, repeat and repack and on the road again in 40 minutes. We made it to Julie and Dads at Robinvale for a lovely meal and soft bed. But not before having to negotiating the very narrow gateway with the ‘help’ of the nextdoor neighbor who didn’t speak much English!! Anyway after negotiating some closely parked cars, jumping the curb and doing a 20 point turn Dno got it in with an inch each side to spare. Just what you need after a 10 hour journey!

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!

Messages In This Thread
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 24-10-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood - by Quombi - 27-10-2023, 09:03 AM