Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunburnt Express to Bay to Birdwood

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!
Next day we headed for our week at a BnB at Victor Harbor. Stopped in and did some of the antique shops over in Strathalbyn. Dno found 2 VW keys for $20 and guess what ….. one fitted! Mind you, I think any VW key would fit ?. 
Once again we took the discovery tour and wound our way beside Lake Alexandra and down towards the coast. The bus started getting hot and bogging down so we pulled over for a bit of a rest. When we went to go we had no ignition again. A slide under the back, wire fiddle here and there and she started. But didn’t want to go forward as the brakes had locked on. We discovered that the lock nut on the brake master cylinder push rod has come loose and adjusting itself up until the brakes began to drag. So toolbox out and under the front of the bus this time. Back into traffic on the coast and another stop to adjust the brakes so we had a bit more ?. 
After the days drive the bus got a bit spluttery in the traffic. Stopped in for shopping and then stalled at the exit to the busy shopping center. Then no ignition either so Tess and I had to jump out and push back through the traffic. A Google car went passed and also another kombi but no-one stopped to help. I think we were hidden behind a bus when the Google car went passed but if not it will be a funny photo! We waited for the traffic to clear and a quick push and we got out of there via the back streets. Phew was glad to get to our BnB and off the road. 

Hayley (Quombi)

Hayley (Quombi)
What an adventure! Loving the read Hayley - excellent as always!

Looks like a well earned beverage, in the last pic!  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab