Poll: Non Kombis in the Kombi Cruise
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Let them join in
0%
0 0%
Make them start at the back
68.75%
11 68.75%
Ban them altogether
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2023 Sat Kombi Cruise
Lots of discussion with many on Sunday, about the Saturday Kombi Cruise, and mixed opinions about the increasing amount of Non Kombis, lining up on the airfield, to join into the Kombi Cruise tradition.

So what do you think? Should they be allowed as is, should they be marshalled and released behind the last Kombi, or should they be banned altogether? 

Vote on the poll, to see where the majority opinion lies…….
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I voted let them be at the back. They could be kombi owners that didn't get their kombi there this year for whatever reason. 
They could also argue the kombis shouldn't be allowed over on the display on the Saturday with the classic cars of all types.
There needed to be more organising of the cruise - I will bring this up with the organisers before next year.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
I don’t know why any Kombis park up on the Saturday. It should be retained for other dubs & classics of all marques, as promoted by the event organisers.

From the Festival website, Saturday is clearly the day for beetles and others, to have their day parked up, for all to enjoy:

The weekend has always been promoted as a “KombiFest”, for the Saturday parade cruise, and the Sunday park up, which has attracted an increasing amount of Kombi owners over the years.

Much as we all “love a dub”, there are plenty of other opportunity’s for the Non Kombi’s to participate in other events, like The Nationals, Valla, Berry Blast, Revolks, now Swansea etc………

I think if the non kombi infiltration of the Sat parade is allowed to continue and increase, besides stretching out the actual time of the parade to unacceptable, for the last poor Kombi at the back to finish, it will also diminish the amount of Kombis keen to enter and do the drive in the future.

The Sat KOMBI parade cruise, and the Sunday KOMBI park up, is a big draw card to Kombi owners nation wide, and the website promotes that fact strongly:

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Even the Sunday is promoted as Kombis and VWs
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".