Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volksfest
Swansea NSW

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
How was the show?
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(10-09-2023, 09:05 PM)Barry Wrote: How was the show?

Very well organised. Plenty of food/gift/supplier stands. Good facilities and fine weather (cool in the shade, warm in the sun)

Large number of entries including Kombies (T1 to T6), Beetles, Type 3s, Buggies, Golfs, a Passat and even a Scirroco.

Dogs allowed as well - I got to talk with 3 Cocker Spaniels.

To be held every second year apparently.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Some rats from the day …

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lots of rats  Smile

Big trip for Gordon / Ted from All Air Cooled
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
… some with paint

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Went on Saturday to have a look, some nice vdubs.
Bit of a money grab when you have a look at all the prices on the Web site Undecided
It would have been better to have the swap meet and the show on the same day as the swap was very small. It would save going there for 2 half days. A lot of non VW people there and it sometimes felt like I was on the set of Housos.

A few too many restrictions may have made the swap meet small. I was invited to a bbq but wasn't allowed into the caravan park.
Agree Phil bugger all stuff at the swap meet.  Scott & I just walked into the caravan park to have a look around and talk to people.  Probably been different story if we tried to drive in.
(14-09-2023, 02:52 PM)luckyphil Wrote: Agree Phil bugger all stuff at the swap meet.  Scott & I just walked into the caravan park to have a look around and talk to people.  Probably been different story if we tried to drive in.
I tried to walk in to the caravan park and was stopped. Did you read the swap meet regulations?