Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 T3 DoKa
Just joined the forum after coming across it while researching Volkswagen history in Australia. Hello all!

I was really surprised to see this on Carsales and couldn’t ring fast enough to ask more details. The description was pretty short, and as an owner of a 1990 Whitestar I would have thought someone advertising a car like this for sale would add lots of details for the enthusiasts. 

Turns out to be a great story, but in short- the provenance is well-known. The original owner took delivery in 1991 and had the canopy (from a Ford F100) sprayed to match, the front and rear bumpers and tow bar fitted, and dash-mount AC. He apparently was meticulous in his care for it and as you can see the tray looks like it never saw any load. When the first owner passed it went to his daughter, then resold and has sat for about 8 years unregistered.

It is just going through rego now and has needed a bit of work done to make it ready for the road again (new tank and lines; brakes, tires). He is going to get some minor undercarriage work done for safety and handling (bigger brakes; bigger wheels; mild lowering; all new bushings) and a view to some sympathetic upholstery work, but that is it.

Unfortunately RTA won’t let me keep the plates, which is a real drag as I wanted to wear the original owner’s choice. He is called ‘Graham’ in honor of him though. 

Sad part is that I won’t get to drive it until Xmas as I live overseas, but am looking forward to rolling him out!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Verrry nice !
It’d kill me having that garaged for another 6 months !
Sounds like It’s getting some love in your absence.
Enjoy the ride  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
gee - the F100 canopy is a good match
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Welcome to the KC ,very nice looking Dc ute ,Hope you enjoy it wherever it take you when you get back home.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(30-05-2023, 04:56 PM)Oldman Wrote: Verrry nice !
It’d kill me having that garaged for another 6 months !
Sounds like It’s getting some love in your absence.
Enjoy the ride  Cool

Well…it will only get a bit of love at Christmas…it might be 7 years before I am home for good!
Wow nice Doka, looks in great condition, stunning colour 
I’m super happy with mine
Where will you keeping it, hopefully locally around Sydney.
Fantastic Doka.

It looks well loved and even has some syncro spats on the wheel arches.

Lots of extra details in that ute!

Great to hear you are doing the tank and fuel lines as they can be a considerable problem and fire risk.

Look forward to seeing this at shows and around town.
Wow nice Doka, looks in great condition, stunning colour 
(31-05-2023, 09:41 AM)Whitie Wrote: Wow nice Doka, looks in great condition, stunning colour 

Yes, Sydney and surrounds. It’s lurking around Northern subs at the moment, and will spend a bit of time in CBR later in year.
(31-05-2023, 11:30 PM)sealyb Wrote: Yes, Sydney and surrounds. It’s lurking around Northern subs at the moment, and will spend a bit of time in CBR later in year.

Good plan. Move it to a higher inland altitude, lower humidity, and zero salt air environment. Your DOKA will love you for it!  Shy
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab