Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workshop burnt down
I guess a few saw it on TV a few weeks ago,   mannum fire - Google Search  Fortunately, the kombi was at home, but our Hino motorhome was in the workshop all stocked up and ready to go, I was doing an oil change and left it to drain over night.
Still no idea how the fire started, but if it was where the insurance investigator reckons, it was deliberate as there was virtually nothing to burn in that front corner. With the Hino full of fuel, a spare 10ltrs in one of the side bins and another 10 ltrs in the diesel heater tank, it became a big fire once it reached there.

Now to see how much the insurance mucks us around, we have already been warned it could take yrs ....... Angry  All my VW parts, the gear ready to start the EV build, even the 6 rib gearbox I bought for the conversion, gone and not covered by the workshop insurance it appears

T1 Terry
Holy shit Terry!!!!!
Dunno what to say. 
Please reach out if there is anything that I can do. 

Take care
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Yes I thought it was yours Terry, I sent an email but you may not have gotten it. Hope all goes well with the insurance company mate.
Cheers Brian and Cathy
Terrible news Terry! So sorry to hear - so devastating!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Wow…..missed this last night.
Sorry to hear of this event Terry, hopefully the insurance co. won’t dick you around for too long.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Every ones worst nightmare. Sorry to hear Terry.

Adrian.
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Sorry to hear of this. I hope your insurance company payout soon and you can replace the Motorhome.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Oh Terry!

What a disaster! That’s a “life changing” event, that you really don’t need, at your stage of life…..  Confused

Hopefully your insurance claim goes through swiftly and smoothly.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(22-05-2023, 06:06 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: I guess a few saw it on TV a few weeks ago,   mannum fire - Google Search  Fortunately, the kombi was at home, but our Hino motorhome was in the workshop all stocked up and ready to go, I was doing an oil change and left it to drain over night.
Still no idea how the fire started, but if it was where the insurance investigator reckons, it was deliberate as there was virtually nothing to burn in that front corner. With the Hino full of fuel, a spare 10ltrs in one of the side bins and another 10 ltrs in the diesel heater tank, it became a big fire once it reached there.

Now to see how much the insurance mucks us around, we have already been warned it could take yrs ....... Angry  All my VW parts, the gear ready to start the EV build, even the 6 rib gearbox I bought for the conversion, gone and not covered by the workshop insurance it appears

T1 Terry
Oh no that’s devastating news.
So sorry for your loss, you must be gutted beyond words
Kinda feel what your going through in a smaller way, lost T2 Ute in fire recently 
Hopefully insurance company will process smoothly so in time you can move forward to another chapter 
Our are thoughts with you
Been a while, travelled through the dark place but I think I see light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it's not a train heading this way :lol:

Insurance actually paid up, not all of it, but no one ever expects an insurance company to fully pay up, but enough to change directions and start living life again.
Bought a new to us motorhome from people in Lithgow, it lived most of its life un a shed under cover ... naturally, it rained all the way home and we discovered a number of water leaks .... but to be expected in an '87 model grey import that had to be stretched to meet Aust overhang rules. 
That has eaten a lot of my time, along with organising the workshop demolition. It still hurts each time I go up there and walk around on the concrete slab, just thinking about what was there, but is no more.

But, I've made my first move towards the kombi electrification conversion, I bought a written off donor car, a '23 model MG4, so the process of stripping all the good bit out will start soon.

I'll start a new thread with photos as I progress.

T1 Terry