Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar October weekend
Hey Gang we will finally have our bus on the road for this event and as I've set it up for camping so I'm trying to get into Lanis but with no luck. Won't return phone calls or emails..
Anyone else finding the same or are they booked solid?
Usually booked solid for the long weekend.
Most rebook on the way out for the following year.
Wouldn’t bother calling around 9 - 10 am as that’s when most folks check out.
Park has new owners and everything is up in the air…….
At least try and get on the wait list, there’s always cancellations.
Other option is to stay at Manning Point……about 1/2  an hour away…..great campgrounds with good facilities.
Good luck !
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Hey Shaun - I saw this posted today.

Event Camping | Old Bar Beach Festiv (oldbarbeachfestival.com.au)
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
I spoke to the Old Bar organisers the other day, apparently they are opening up more camping in the old runway area - info on their site too. Always a great event and this year we have Volksfest a few weeks prior should be a good one too - see yopu all there
Gordon
All Air Cooled
www.allaircooled.com.au
We carry stock of Blazecut, Air Cooled Accessories, Wolfsburg West, Buttys Bits, Wolfgang International, Silver Weld Through Panels, Geek Shack, Grumpys metal in Australia and ship anywhere..
To all customers with a confirmed booking for the Old Bar Beach festival long weekend at Lanis On The Beach due to the issues we have experienced in the past in relation to stolen property and illegal entry into the park.

We would like to advise that compulsory ID wristbands will be issued on check-in to every member of your group, also all vehicles registered in the park will be given a vehicle ID label to be displayed clearly on your dash board.

Security guards will be employed to safeguard the park over this period and stop unauthorized people from stealing and using the parks facilities: Camp kitchen, Toilets, Showers, etc, as in the past.

Wristbands must be worn at all times and vehicle ID labels must be displayed so security can confirm you are allowed entry into the park.

You will notice that a new security fence has been installed in the areas which were most vulnerable to illegal entry.

Please inform any visitor you may have that wristbands will not be issued to them and must vacate the park prior to 8PM when security starts patrols.

Wristbands cannot be given to anybody else, anybody who does not abide with the rules or tampers with the wristbands will be asked to vacate the park immediately and will not be allowed entry in the future.

We appreciate your cooperation in the implementation of these Safety/security measures

Lanis On The Beach
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Wow Lorraine,

They are really getting serious this year.

At least there is the air strip camping this year so more people can get in - that probably wont be able to be snuck into Lani's as per many previous years.

I really liked the more laid back approach from previous years - but nothing lasts forever!
……new owners, new rules…..
The only constant in life is change.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Yes I saw that yesterday Lorraine - probably because of the airstrip camping is my guess.
For the amount we are paying to stay there, there has to be some sort of benefit.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
“Please inform any visitor you may have that wristbands will not be issued to them and must vacate the park prior to 8PM when security starts patrols.”

Looks like pre dinner drinks catchups only, for me, and others staying elsewhere this year then.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(30-08-2023, 05:18 PM)Grantus Wrote: “Please inform any visitor you may have that wristbands will not be issued to them and must vacate the park prior to 8PM when security starts patrols.”

Looks like pre dinner drinks catchups only, for me, and others staying elsewhere this year then.  Rolleyes

Looks like the party is back at your place grant, no wristbands required.