Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Coming & Where are you staying
We are booked to arrive 28th and depart 2nd May. Powered site.
Did not want to allocate site but when I advised others had been told was verbally given site 35.
Site number not quoted on booking confirmation?
Should be good at the price! Stayed a night at Wye River on the way home from Strath and thought $84 was overpriced!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Just did a wee exercise on the cabin they offered us. When I punched in Easter weekend I had to contact them, punched in 4 days May this year and got book now for $715 for 4 nights $178 per night. $400 extra per night for Easter. Not impressed
Cheers Brian and Cathy
(26-04-2023, 10:03 AM)Debstar Wrote: OMG so sorry that is terrible, I had no idea when this park was found that the prices would be so high, it is a highly sort after area during peak seasons & we were just excited to have a park that would take us, on the coast at Easter! As I explained in another post we may have to give coastal parks a miss after this one (unless we get extremely lucky) getting in is proving more & more difficult & finding a small park that can accommodate us all is also as rare as finding a Kombi with no issues  Tongue
Looks like country parks may have to become the norm as they are normally happy to have us & to inject $$ into their towns 
cheers  Big Grin

No worries Deb all good. We still intend to go. Probably look for alternative accommodation
(27-04-2023, 08:01 PM)Austin 67 Wrote: No worries Deb all good. We still intend to go. Probably look for alternative accommodation

Good thinking, so pleased you are both still coming,  let us know where you end up
Cheers  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
(27-04-2023, 02:29 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: It looked great till I reached the "no pets over Easter" post, that knocks us out for 2024 Bus Stop. Our dog and cat are part of the family, if they can't come I'm afraid we can't either ......
Maybe 2025 .........

T1 Terry
Hi Terry , we are in thye same situation.There is a pet friendly park 20 minutes away at Kalaru, who have plenty of vacancies and quoted $51 a night over Easter. As first time BusStoppers how important is it to be at that park ?
(28-04-2023, 01:34 PM)Philip Parkinson Wrote: As first time BusStoppers how important is it to be at that park ?

G'day and welcome Phillip

How important - well that is up to you.............. I just "Google Maps" and there doesn't appear to be a boom gate, so you could drive down at any time.
The "big event" I guess is the cruise, which starts at the park and we will drive off some where.
The dinner will be at a club / restaurant somewhere.

The "car races" will be in the park.

But I guess it's the wandering around and chatting to new found friends that brings us together.

Sitting at a camp elsewhere by yourself aint much fun, and no offence to your pet.
We are actually in the same boat - but Stan will be left at home this time

Then again - if the other park allows fires - I might change
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(28-04-2023, 01:34 PM)Philip Parkinson Wrote: Hi Terry , we are in thye same situation.There is a pet friendly park 20 minutes away at Kalaru, who have plenty of vacancies and quoted $51 a night over Easter. As first time BusStoppers how important is it to be at that park ?

Its not vital that you stay at the same park - as long as you are prepared to come and hang out with us for the events, you dont have to stay at the same park.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Not staying at the park you miss out on the interaction between the itinery items. Bums sticking out of Kombi engine hatches or feet poking out from under vans. Also liberates one for a social drink or two without worrying about DUI. Cost is a challenge but its once a year? Usually visitors vehicles are not allowed into park?
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Here’s a savings plan:
360 days x the price of one (1) expensive coffee ($5), will see $1800.00 towards your Bus Stop costs.
Good things are worth saving for and working towards….any expense left until the last minute will seem excessive…..
Just my 2 bob’s worth……..(sorry, bad dad joke….. Tongue)
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Peter & Debbie 
Powered site (not given a number)
28th - 1st 
Our first bus stop - looking forward to it  Smile