Barry, Dame Edna, Sandy Stone
R.I.P. Possums 

Absolute genius of comedy.

Cheers Brian and Cathy
Don’t forget Les Patterson

Yep - he will be missed
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
He played each role with such dedication that there were no reasons to not believe they were each separate people. More than one new comer to Australia asked why were each of these people held in such high esteem, not realising they were actually alter-egos of Barry Humphries. The ABC has put together a great snippet about the man himself and some of his characters  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-22/b.../102239018

Rest in Peace Barry, you entertained millions and your characters will live on for many yrs, Sir Les had to be one of the best as well as the character you invented for a cartoon strip and later was played by Barry Crocker, Barry McKenzie, i doubt we will ever see another with your level of talent ......

T1 Terry
I only met Barry once, when I was an apprentice, and the firm I was working for was renovating his apartment.

Although the conversation was less than 5 minutes, at 7.45am, with him in a dressing gown after working late the night before, he was such an intelligent gentleman, and a wit sharp as a razor! I still remember the whole conversation today, 42 years later.

Vale Barry.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
2018 Bus Stop at Stanthorpe. Next best thing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Hah hah ha!!!

Oh, Possums!!
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
HELLO POSSUMS !
Another great talent gone…….
An iconic entertainer like no other.
Vale Barry Humphries
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(23-04-2023, 04:38 PM)Melissa Wrote: 2018 Bus Stop at Stanthorpe. Next best thing.

The Three Stooges ?
Good times…… Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(23-04-2023, 04:38 PM)Melissa Wrote: 2018 Bus Stop at Stanthorpe. Next best thing.

Yes! Aussie legends and Bus Stop legends!  Cool Big Grin
Vera - ‘75 Bay