Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our travels to Bus Stop 2023
Finally had the last job drive out the gate at 4:30pm. Now I can start getting things in Kombi and the Hino fixed, because it seems the good fairies didn't manage to fix the bits that needed fixing over the last 12 mths .....

The start battery was the first job to tackle, 3 out of 8 cells dead, can't complain, they are built out of old electric vehicle cells that had done their time as house batteries after that. Load test all the 4 cell 12v batteries to find 3 good cells, 2 for battery one and a single cell for battery two. This shouldn't take long he said, 2 1/2 hrs later, fingers crossed I have a 24v start battery.

I'd already swapped out the solar regulator, but it's still not charging like it should, I'll take one with me and change it out there  Rolleyes 

Still gotta get Kombi to start better than it does at the moment .... and drive for more than 10km without freezing the converter, mixer and left hand carby ..... might be a tomorrow job me thinks, it's dark outside now and the workshop still has a bus in it waiting for me to finish that job after Easter  Big Grin 

So, it appears we will not be arriving at Strath tonight :lol:

T1 Terry
We will still be here tomorrow!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".