Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strathalbyn Set Ups
(05-04-2023, 05:17 PM)Melissa Wrote: Just a heads up - get your ice for your esky before you get to the park - there is none to buy here but easily bought up at BWS at Woolies or the servo - it's not a far walk but as we know carrying bags of ice is a pain in the neck.

A 55 L fridge and associated battery set up was one of the best things I ever bought.
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
We’ve been running the 3 way on gas for the last week while travelling…..and cooked on the stove in Mungo National Park.
Gas level has just dropped below 1/2 a bottle….very happy.
Last fill at Tullamore cost me $5.00.
I was going to upgrade to a full 12v system before this trip but just couldn’t justify the expense while the old Electrolux just keeps going…Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(05-04-2023, 06:21 PM)Oldman Wrote: We’ve been running the 3 way on gas for the last week while travelling…..and cooked on the stove in Mungo National Park.
Gas level has just dropped below 1/2 a bottle….very happy.
Last fill at Tullamore cost me $5.00.
I was going to upgrade to a full 12v system before this trip but just couldn’t justify the expense while the old Electrolux just keeps going…Big Grin

Let me guess, filled from the auto gas pump? Hope the fridge and stove both vent the exhaust gases outside, carbon monoxide poisoning is for life, you never get those brain cells back.

T1 Terry
No, filled by the station owner himself.
Gas stove and fridge is vented through the floor as Sopru designed for lpg leakage, if any….and all my fittings have yellow gas tape on them.
Pop top has its fly screen vents and flip up roof top hatch open at night.
I also have the vented flipper windows that many replace with sliders…..they’re vented for a reason !
Also use one of Lorraine’s rear flyscreens that allow us to leave the rear tailgate open at night….awesome ventilation !
Gas bottle is vented to the outside in its own, self contained cabinet.
Excluding an aftermarket blower, I don’t think there’s much more that can be done…….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(04-04-2023, 04:46 PM)Melissa Wrote: Well we have turned out to be the first arrivals at the park. It's a very lovely town. Just happy to be set up and not have to pack down again in the morning for the next leg of our trip.

Is Scotty on the strings there?  Cool
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Yes Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".