Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMOKE ALARMS
Just replaced the defunct smoke alarm for the Kombi. From a quick look if you sleep in your van 3 states require a smoke alarm. Victoria, NSW and Northern Territory with SA requiring if van is on site for 60 days.
Read this for more info:  Smoke Alarms In Caravans (5 Things What You Need To Know) - Caravan Sales. Not sure how this is policed?
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
I fitted one to my Westy only because the legislation appeared to imply that if you could potentially sleep in it (NSW) then an alarm was required. Maybe I got that wrong.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
The “Un-united states and territories of Australia” strikes yet again…….. Huh

If you are sleeping in a vehicle without one, registered in a state that only recommends a smoke alarm, in another state where it is mandatory, where do you stand if pulled up without one? Confused

The vehicle is legal, at its home address………..
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Like the mandated 15amp power lead, Ithink…..rarely enforced.…..
I’ve never, ever had my leads checked or looked at by any Park manager. We’ve travelled extensively through NSW, Vic., Tasmania, and Queensland….but I do always use a 15 Amp lead…. Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(02-04-2023, 06:55 PM)Alpal Wrote: Just replaced the defunct smoke alarm for the Kombi. From a quick look if you sleep in your van 3 states require a smoke alarm. Victoria, NSW and Northern Territory with SA requiring if van is on site for 60 days.
Read this for more info:  Smoke Alarms In Caravans (5 Things What You Need To Know) - Caravan Sales. Not sure how this is policed?

Monthly preventative maintenance:

To clean your alarm, remove it from the mounting bracket as outlined in the beginning of this section. You can clean the interior of your alarm (sensing chamber) by using compressed air or a vacuum cleaner hose and blowing or vacuuming through the openings around the perimeter of the alarm. The outside of the alarm can be wiped with a damp cloth. After cleaning, re-install your alarm and test your alarm by using the test button. If cleaning does not restore the alarm to normal operation the alarm should be replaced. (Quell QC1500 instructions.)
PR
….and be aware that smoke alarms have an expiry date…..usually 10 years after manufacture.
Every smoke alarm has a date on a sticker somewhere…
Out of date = non compliant = void insurance claim.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light