Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar - June Long Weekend - Farewell Wendy & Fizal...
Folks may, or may not, know that long standing Managers (NOT owners !!) of Lanis at Old Bar are retiring at the end of June this year.
We are heading up to say goodbye to our long standing friends and wish them all the best for a happy and stress free retirement.
The Park has been sold to new Owners - (we all know how that has affected prices & Terms in Peak Holiday periods..... Angry ) - but Wendy & Fizal are yet to receive actual dates that they have to be out....Their plan is to be gone by June 30th.
I'm rolling the dice that they will still be there for the June Long Weekend and have booked accordingly.
So, if you'd like to come along and say thanks - (for the endless cold showers and 5hitty weather... Tongue) - for their continuous warm welcome at Lani's , please join us.

This is not an organised KCA event, I'm just letting you all know what we've planned as a farewell, that's all....
Plan is to  get them to The Club for dinner and a few drinks, or similar....

Hope you can join us, if not, see you in October for the Old Bar Beach Festival..... Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Wonderful gesture and plan Mark, and hopefully many of the multi year Lanis KCA patrons can make it.  Smile

I’m out, as the June long weekend is Carole’s birthday, along with an excess of work to complete, to be able to make the October Old Bar event,  AND I have a very important 60th birthday to attend in Victoria on 1 July, that I’m hoping so much, with all the positive vibes I can muster, will not be her last.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
We are hoping to be there.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Bev and I wili be home on the Long Weekend in June and would love to join you at Club Old Bar for Dinner to " Farewell " the Park Managers ...please fill us in later of the details.  Thanks , David McMahon.
We will be there ;-)
(24-04-2023, 01:25 PM)David McMahon Wrote: Bev and I wili be home on the Long Weekend in June and would love to join you at Club Old Bar for Dinner to " Farewell " the Park Managers ...please fill us in later of the details.  Thanks , David McMahon.

Will do David.
Last time I spoke with Wendy, she couldn’t tell me if they’d be there or not…..new owners are…….let’s just say, slow with information.
When I know, I’ll post here.
Cheers,
Mark

Still haven’t been able to determine if Fizal and Wendy will be around for the Long Weekend.
As soon as I can get an answer, I’ll post again…..
We’re going anyway…. Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark

We are heading up Friday - hope the weather stays nice.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Nice…. Cool
Still no word on Wendy and Fizal…and whether or not they can join us….
….we’re heading up Friday too.
No kombi this time..Family Forester and dog, with toys in/on a trailer  Big Grin

Plan, at this stage,(but may change…), is to have dinner at Club Old Bar on Friday night , hopefully with Wendy and Fizal along as guests…..Saturday evening at Lani’s, usual walk,talk,drink, graze type affair…….(hopefully involving Wendy and Fizal again….)
Sunday night we, (my Family) will be celebrating Sue’s birthday at Luriya’s Thai ……all are welcome to join us, I’m only booking for us so if you’d like to come along, maybe give them a call and book a table, or roll the dice and walk in….Monday - Funday, Tuesday we leave for home.

As I said at the start of this thread, this is not a KCA organised event……it’s just an opportunity to say goodbye to Wendy and Fizal if you wanted to….they are retiring and the Park is now in the hands of new owners/Managers.
Cheers,
Mark

Can you please pass on our thanks and best wishes. Fizal and Wendy have been amazing and we will miss them greatly. So sorry to miss saying goodbye in person. If you get a forwarding address or contact can you please let us know.
1967 Blue Bus Panelvan, 1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute