Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dinner Amendment to Venue & Cost
Hey folks, well we've had a bit of an upset regarding the dinner Venue & Cost  Sad We have always endeavoured to be transparent with all our Kombian friends in costs etc for BusStop & would like to let you know what is happening.

The Football Club has changed committee & they have now decided to have the venue closed to the public over Easter, they have decided that in order for them to open the club to us, we would have to pay $1,150! Absolute highway robbery, apparently with all the new changes in the club they are losing  money hand over fist & are trying to make money out of us, our caterer Julie who has been the caterer for the club is deeply embarrassed & has decided to walk away from the club for future events as well.

For the past 2 weeks Julie has been tireless in finding us an alternative location, the Strathalbyn Bowling Club has welcomed us for the cost of $250 for use of the club, bar & kitchen. The Club is in Colman Terrace, Strathalbyn a 10 min stroll from the C.V.P.

With the numbers we have booked we ask folks to please pay $5 per head towards the cost of the hire.
This can either be done by direct deposit or on your arrival to Bus Stop HQ, where I can tick your name off  Big Grin

Phil & I are so sorry to have to ask this of you all at such short notice, but as we are only a social club, you all know there is no money to cover this cost.

Thanks heaps for your understanding & maybe now we can breathe again  Blush

cheers  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
Will transfer the extra tonight Deb.
Once again, thank you sooo much for your tireless efforts Deb  Cool
It’s hard enough organising a Bus Stop when everything goes smoothly, let alone when you get screwed over by a venue…..
Well done on pulling this event out of the flames…….
Just transferred top ups x 2 for Sue and I.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thank you Deb and Phil for sticking with it and finding a solution. The football club has not done itself any favours and I am sure we will be very happy with the Bowling Club.

I have transferred the $10 Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Sorry to hear you have had last minute hassles and all the stress that goes with it Deb!

That's very poor behaviour from the football club

You really do an amazing job of getting this all organised - and I'm sure your caterer, Julie, will get a big round of applause at the dinner for her efforts too!

We will add the extra $5 per head for our crew of 4 to the total when we transfer our dinner payment this week.

The Kombi Club will really be making an impression on Strathalbyn - firstly driving around in kombis, and now strolling down town in 60s outfits!  Big Grin

Erica
1973 Westfalia Continental 
Shaun, Erica, Myles, Wes and Ginger the dog  Smile
(18-03-2023, 09:07 AM)5 Go Off To Camp Wrote: Sorry to hear you have had last minute hassles and all the stress that goes with it Deb!

That's very poor behaviour from the football club

You really do an amazing job of getting this all organised - and I'm sure your caterer, Julie, will get a big round of applause at the dinner for her efforts too!

We will add the extra $5 per head for our crew of 4 to the total when we transfer our dinner payment this week.

The Kombi Club will really be making an impression on Strathalbyn - firstly driving around in kombis, and now strolling down town in 60s outfits!  Big Grin

Erica
Thanks Erica, just post dinner preferences under the Dinner thread, no worries re Wes as we have that sorted, have sent a reply to your PM 
cheers
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
extra funds have been paid ,Thanks again. not long know.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Tis done.
Just what you needed Deb. But it will be good. Catch up soon!
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
just paid for Barry and Lea
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Is it OK if we pay when we get there, me and internet banking are still a work in progress I'm afraid.

T1 Terry