Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Remembers….?
I finished Primary while milk was still in little bottles.......
Nope, don't remember Tetra pack milk   Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(17-03-2023, 03:31 PM)Oldman Wrote: I finished Primary while milk was still in little bottles.......
Nope, don't remember Tetra pack milk   Big Grin

Maybe it was a trial thing in the Wollongong area because we had a major bottling plant there, probably still is actually. I remember when we had a change of govt and that was the end of school milk all together, then we had to buy flavoured milk from the tuck shop ...... but not Dairy Farmers commercial flavoured milk, the ladies in the tuck shop would add strawberry or chocolate milkshake flavouring into 250ml cartons and sell it at just a bit more than the shop price for plain 250ml plain milk ....... it had probably the best P&C group of any public school. we even had our own swimming pool believe it or not and summer PE was swimming classes and we had our own swimming carnival resulting in our school wining all the state championships. They even organised before school parent attended swimming on a rotating 2 parent roster, and after school swimming and school holiday and Sat swimming through summer ..... it was a great school at the time, when the headmaster retired, the replacement stuffed the whole lot up, the P&C fell apart and the whole place went down hill from there ..... when my kids went to school there I couldn't believe it had deteriorated to the condition it was in, then discovered the previous P&C were the ones doing the school upkeep including painting and plants and paid the gardener .... you don't see that in a public school these days

T1 Terry
Watching the Aus GP, that has the “taxi racing” on track, to fill the time between the Formula One sessions.

Remember the Holden - Ford battles in the Aussie V8’s of the past?

Thought when Ford & Holden no longer made Falcons & Commodores in Australia, it would have come to an end, and just move on.

But no - it’s now become an American Muscle Car series, using Ford Mustangs & GM Camero’s, with outstanding Kiwi’s at the pointy end………. 

Errmmm,  Is the series still called the “Aussie V8’s”?  Confused
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(31-03-2023, 08:00 PM)Grantus Wrote: Watching the Aus GP, that has the “taxi racing” on track, to fill the time between the Formula One sessions.

Remember the Holden - Ford battles in the Aussie V8’s of the past?

Thought when Ford & Holden no longer made Falcons & Commodores in Australia, it would have come to an end, and just move on.

But no - it’s now become an American Muscle Car series, using Ford Mustangs & GM Camero’s, with outstanding Kiwi’s at the pointy end………. 

Errmmm,  Is the series still called the “Aussie V8’s”?  Confused
Come on Grant,
We need something to keep the Fire Marshals busy between the F1, F2, F3 races.
PR
(03-04-2023, 04:09 PM)KIWI Wrote: Come on Grant,
We need something to keep the Fire Marshals busy between the F1, F2, F3 races.
PR

True….and busy they were, in the Supercar pit lane! 

Even Russell’s F1 car, needed attention too!  Smile
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(03-04-2023, 04:14 PM)Grantus Wrote: True….and busy they were, in the Supercar pit lane! 

Even Russell’s F1 car, needed attention too!  Smile

These are back in vogue (Their pens btw)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Who remembers

There is still a coin operated, landline pay phone in Cobar Bowling Club.
Will post a pic as soon as I’ve finished decluttering the kombi and house, post Bus Stop.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
4 May 2023 (May the 4th be with you)