Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kombi fire
The only comfort I can see there is that there is an explanation as to how it happened - not something malicious or mysterious.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
What are your plans for the single cab ute body? Really sad to see it end it's life like that, maybe it's a potential electric conversion project ........

T1 Terry
Very sadly the Banana Sundae is no more.

The beautiful ex Melissa air cooled T3 was caught up in the Ingleside fire yesterday.

Guess that is a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While they are only Kombis - what NON Kombi people don't get is that they are more than steel, rubber, glass and wires. Our Kombis have foibles  - which give them personality. They have taken us places and carried those we hold dear. They respond to our attention, they are unique and there will be no more like them.

Vale the Banana Sundae.....

Well said , I feel for your loss. They become part of you, some people don’t get it “it’s just car “
After 42 years I would have to walk away .... fond memories growing up in the same model and colour in 1982 - Vale Banana Sundae.
[attachment=3126 Wrote:T1 Terry pid='5611' dateline='1677309270']What are your plans for the single cab ute body? Really sad to see it end it's life like that, maybe it's a potential electric conversion project ........

T1 Terry

Incredibly fire didn’t reach engine bay, fire suppression system didn’t go off even the foam seals are intact 
Engine only done 10k

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(25-02-2023, 06:28 PM)Michael92 Wrote: Very sadly the Banana Sundae is no more.

The beautiful ex Melissa air cooled T3 was caught up in the Ingleside fire yesterday.

Guess that is a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While they are only Kombis - what NON Kombi people don't get is that they are more than steel, rubber, glass and wires. Our Kombis have foibles  - which give them personality. They have taken us places and carried those we hold dear. They respond to our attention, they are unique and there will be no more like them.

Vale the Banana Sundae.....

Oh Michael, I am so sorry. The Banana Sundae could've been in a museum as she was so original Sad
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(26-02-2023, 06:03 AM)Whitie Wrote: Incredibly fire didn’t reach engine bay, fire suppression system didn’t go off even the foam seals are intact 
Engine only done 10k

At least that's something positive Tony......
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Geeez, that’s a sad first post in the forum Michael. 
A sweet looking bus. 
I love the early T3’s. 

Whitie, glad to hear you will go around again. 

I hope the Ford guy had insurance. 
Would hate to think that he didn’t need it because he was safe in a secure storage place.
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(25-02-2023, 03:34 PM)Whitie Wrote: Thanks for the support, we’ll dust off & start again with another bus
Apparently someone was attempting to start a GT Falcon when it went up in fames & quickly spread through the shed
If only if he had a fire extinguisher

So Sorry to hear of your loss at that of the other owners.
1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
(26-02-2023, 06:03 AM)Whitie Wrote: Incredibly fire didn’t reach engine bay, fire suppression system didn’t go off even the foam seals are intact 
Engine only done 10k

I only want the body, you can keep the engine and gearbox for your next project. Will the insurance pay you out and let you keep the wreck?

T1 Terry