Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3 Transporter Camper
Hi Everyone,
Have finally signed back up to the new forum. I had a small thread going there of the T3 we bought back in late 2020. Since then its had two interiors built into it with the current one being its final form incorporating a rock and roll bed and engineered as a 4 seater to accommodate the baby who didnt exist back then Big Grin

It is still unpainted and is something I am working towards. I have been fixing up a bunch of mechanical odds and ends and it has clocked up about 30000kms in our ownership since November 2020. Has had 2 breakdowns that stopped it but fingers crossed no tow truck yet. Its on the road nearly everyday and does about a 85km round trip most days.

Anyway, here are some pics of it in all of its glory!

First day we brought it home

Interior how it was when we bought it

My partner knew of the van before her birthday, hard to hide it hahaha. Her family didnt know so I got it "wrapped" and surprised them.

The first interior we built for it pre baby.

Reached the max number of attachments!

This is the current interior that is now engineered for the extra 2 seating positions.

Looks great!
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Took the T3 up to Dubs by the Lake and it went great! I have ordered a bunch of suspension parts from the US to refresh it all. While it goes ok down the freeway, it does feel kind of unstable at higher speeds and the smallest crosswind sends it wandering in the lane.

Ive decided since its on the road nearly everyday and it does regular drives between Newcastle and Sydney that I would do it once, do it right. Have ordered a full Powerflex bushing kit, Schwenk Carat springs, Bilstein B4 shocks and T3 technique balljoints. Then when thats all fitted I will look into replacing the 185 LT tyres with a 205 sized tyre and that should have it track nice down the freeway rain, hail or shine Big Grin