Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OLD BAR BEACH FESTIVAL
We are still in……….Booked a room in the Club Old Bar Motel, as we checked out last year. Not sure yet, of any price increase, but at least secured. 

Old Bar catch up with the many other KCA members is essential……..  Cool
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Cool
I think the increased tariffs are of more concern to Lani’s patrons….
New owners, with big plans for the park have increased rates way beyond previous years levels.
I’d make sure to mention Kombi Club when paying any Lani’s deposits and mention that we always get at least 20 members staying at Lani’s….they do mention group discounts for 8 or more, so it can’t hurt to ask for a potential discount.
Also worth signing up to G’day Parks…….your joining costs will be paid for by your member discount on this trip alone…… Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Highway robbery. And the cabin price makes your eyes water $1335.00 for 5 nights Angry Angry

This is a great event and one we really like going to but this is really taking advantage. 

I'm going to have to really think about this
Im in my usual site deposit paid, dont really think its too expensive as its a great event.  We no doubt will have lots of discussion at Bus Stop, another great event Smile
My days of van park camping seem to be over, as Carole likes to camp under the stars ………. 5 stars.

But how do the new Lanis long weekend rates, compare to the Strath Bus Stop Easter rates?  Rolleyes

Ie, is it totally excessive, or just the new “norm”?
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
With the higher rates perhaps we will have better hot water and more regular cleaning of the bathroom facilities.
Hope fire pits and pets are still allowed.  Last year the fence was a real disappointment and hopefully wont be back this year, higher rates and fences can turn lots of people away
(31-01-2023, 08:57 PM)luckyphil Wrote: With the higher rates perhaps we will have better hot water and more regular cleaning of the bathroom facilities.
Hope fire pits and pets are still allowed.  Last year the fence was a real disappointment and hopefully wont be back this year, higher rates and fences can turn lots of people away

If the higher rates, reduce the capacity down 40%, the hot water will improve, the maintenance & cleaning costs of cabins will be much less, with a higher profit margin….  Sad

Same reason Qantas only has 70% of its fleet in the sky, with doubled airfares. No incentive to increase the fleet and staff costs, to reduce the airfare cost, which will result in less profit.

And I thought the fence was the festival organiser’s “bright” idea, to gain a “gold coin” or two, admission fee, (wasn’t it 4$, to be allowed to go and shop, squish around in the sodden ground, and support the stall holders?), not related to Lanis……correct?

As we both discussed, the entry fees they collected, was probably less than the rental fee costs, for the fence hire, installation & removal…..  Confused
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(31-01-2023, 01:14 PM)golfwolf Wrote: Highway robbery. And the cabin price makes your eyes water $1335.00 for 5 nights Angry Angry

This is a great event and one we really like going to but this is really taking advantage. 

I'm going to have to really think about this

That’s if you can even book a cabin. Every year I’ve tried, they were already fully booked by either annual regulars, who book 12 months in advance, or by the festival Carnival Operators, for their staff.

Will be interesting to see if they’ve now out priced the “Carni-Folk” this year as well.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
At the Special Event rates, they most definitely will have priced them out ……..but I’d be surprised if there’s not a negotiated Carni rate….
Cheers,
Mark

(31-01-2023, 08:57 PM)luckyphil Wrote: With the higher rates perhaps we will have better hot water and more regular cleaning of the bathroom facilities.

Lani's website still permits pets and fires as per previous conditions.....hopefully that remains. Wink
When we were there last November, Fizal said that the HWS was going to be totally replaced by the new owners....maybe they are trying to recover the costs involved ?  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark