Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back on the new forum
Hi I used to be Kombi Fringe but now I'm wagonwanderer  

I do travel lot in my kombi it's a 1974 Sopru Pop Top 2l engine.

I've taken out the rock n' roll seat (3 seater) as mine was original ply with brackets. 
I use a bed that slides from the back and rests on a cupboard. I have a latex matress, rolls up, base slides back.
I'm making the seat only open for storage and I've now got lithium battery under the seat for the fridge etc.  
Lights still run off the old marine battery in the engine bay. I've got a toilet in a cupboard cause I free camp and

I'm considered "leave no trace" in a camping club. There's a small grey water tank under the Left side of the body,
 only 5l but it's enough for me as I don't waste any water. A few places insist on a shower, so I say I've got a tub.  Wink  

I also put sound deadner all over the firewall and engine bay lid. I added a mass loaded vinyl mat to rear 
of the engine bay.

I changed the original fixed windows in the rear with sliders and also on the sliding door. 
Now I have airflow for the first time in 10 years. Big Grin
I've done all this mostly myself with the muscle of my youngest kid. (19yo)
I can now travel and hear my music without the loud engine noises.
I first drove my kombi on a rainy night on the freeway, my 8yo rang the guy to ask where are the wipers? Big Grin
1974 Bay 2L Sopru Pop-top Camper
Good to see you posting again Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Welcome back !
Glad you found our new home…
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Hi Wagonwanderer,
Welcome & I like your camping style but like my shower each day. Got 2X50 litre S/S tanks under 'Old Boy' which does us a week of free camp with the porta potty. For photo resizing I use 
https://pixlr.com/x/
to get it under 500kb.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Welcome home to KCA!  Smile

Enjoy the ride………  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab