Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Adelaide
Great looking bus !
Is there a Sopru build plate somewhere?
I only ask as it’s like no other Sopru interior I’ve ever seen……
Maybe start a separate thread in the Member’s Rides section and I can move these pics. across.
You can then continue to add whenever you like  Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Agree with Mark^. It's like a LHD cupboard kit in a RHD. We know Sopru were a 'bit random' with their builds but this takes the randomness to a new level  Huh . The build plate may be behind the passengers seat.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
nice looking bus, congrats
Gordon
All Air Cooled
www.allaircooled.com.au
We carry stock of Blazecut, Air Cooled Accessories, Wolfsburg West, Buttys Bits, Wolfgang International, Silver Weld Through Panels, Geek Shack, Grumpys metal in Australia and ship anywhere..
(21-01-2023, 08:10 PM)Willies Wrote: Some more pics

Certainly like the fidge near the door idea, keeps the beer close and handy as well as allowing fresh air to keep the back cool when camped up for a while ..... and a passenger heater when it's cold  Cool

Looking forward to a closer look at Strath as the locals call it

T1 Terry
A lot of splitty campers had the cupboard near the sliding door so that the table that was attached on the drivers side could be sat at.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(22-01-2023, 08:04 AM)Oldman Wrote: Great looking bus !
Is there a Sopru build plate somewhere?
I only ask as it’s like no other Sopru interior I’ve ever seen……
Maybe start a separate thread in the Member’s Rides section and I can move these pics. across.
You can then continue to add whenever you like  Wink

The layout is as per the original Campervan brochure. It is the Cruiser II model.
(22-01-2023, 09:37 AM)DavidH Wrote: Agree with Mark^. It's like a LHD cupboard kit in a RHD. We know Sopru were a 'bit random' with their builds but this takes the randomness to a new level  Huh . The build plate may be behind the passengers seat.
Cheers

The fridge cupboard has the fridge, cooker and sink with a 20lt Jerry can between the back of the fridge and seat. 2 x gas bottles strapped in behind the passenger seat. So not legal in 2023.
(22-01-2023, 07:49 PM)Willies Wrote: The layout is as per the original Campervan brochure. It is the Cruiser II model.

Can you upload that brochure please? & I'd love to see a close up of the sink. Can see the load point for the 20lt of water. Truly unique in the world of Sopru!
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
Willies
The layout is as per the original Campervan brochure. It is the Cruiser II model.

I’d also like to see that brochure…..to the best of my knowledge and I’m always happy to learn more, Sopru referred to their conversions as Campmobiles and only ever had the basic “Adventurer” fitout with the option of the “Traveller” upgrade….utility cabinet that houses the fridge & stove, gas power pack, additional seat between the tall cupboard and utility cabinet, retractable step, and “pack rack “.
and the “Deluxe Package”…Traveller pack plus…..stainless steel sink incorporates a 240v hot plate, an additional 240 v outlet above the hotplate, additional 12v light under the rear overhead cupboard, an additional fold down table and bottle rack on the siide of the fridge cabinet and a large, under floor water tank.    
This info. from the Campmobile brochure that came with my bus……..delivery Sept. ‘76.

It all helps with the provenance of our vehicle variants……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(23-01-2023, 06:14 AM)Oldman Wrote: Willies

I’d also like to see that brochure…..to the best of my knowledge and I’m always happy to learn more, Sopru referred to their conversions as Campmobiles and only ever had the basic “Adventurer” fitout with the option of the “Traveller” upgrade….utility cabinet that houses the fridge & stove, gas power pack, additional seat between the tall cupboard and utility cabinet, retractable step, and “pack rack “.
and the “Deluxe Package”…Traveller pack plus…..stainless steel sink incorporates a 240v hot plate, an additional 240 v outlet above the hotplate, additional 12v light under the rear overhead cupboard, an additional fold down table and bottle rack on the siide of the fridge cabinet and a large, under floor water tank.    
This info. from the Campmobile brochure that came with my bus……..delivery Sept. ‘76.

It all helps with the provenance of our vehicle variants……
This VW brochure is from the early t2 Bays

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)