Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vale Gina Lollobrigida
Once named the most beautiful woman in the world……
A star of the screen that could sing as well.
Another Icon rests in peace…..
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Never really watched her movies but I reckon everyone knew her

RIP
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Memories of rainy Saturdays watching black n white tv with my Father……..
Cheers,
Mark

(17-01-2023, 07:12 PM)Oldman Wrote: Memories of rainy Saturdays watching black n white tv with my Father……..

I have a signed Euro Parliament election postcard, handed out pre poll when she was running for the Italian Democrats as a candidate, back in 1999.

We were on the way from Firenze to Pisa, but got lost and ended up in Montecatini, so we stopped for a coffee in the quiet main square. As we were sitting enjoying our coffee, a mini bus pulled up in the centre of the square, and started setting up promotional signs, then Gina alighted from the bus.

I left my table and wandered over to her, before the crowds arrived. We had a decent chat, and finding out I was from Australia, she said she was in Melbourne just 3 weeks prior. I found her to be a lovely person, so I asked her to sign the card I was handed from her crew, and she happily obliged. I wished her well in her venture into politics.

I returned to cafe to sit down, and saw that fans had then come from far and wide, to swamp her. She did her 30 minutes, then they packed up her and the bus, and moved onto the next venue. 

One of those surreal times that happen when you are travelling, and I still have fond memories of actually meeting her.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Wow !
That is a great story Grant.......what a serendipitous moment  Cool
Cheers,
Mark