Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dolly for assisting reno
Hi all, first time on so please bear with me if I've made any blues, quick overview, my name is Rod and my wife is Jodie and we are from the Riverland of S.A.  We have had a '71 van sitting in the shed for years and now it's time to get moving on it. 
Would like to pick the members brains and would appreciate any feedback, would anyone have any pics of a dolly they may have made for making it easier to move the shell around without the actual wheels on it so works can be carried out on the underside, cheers Rod
(27-10-2022, 10:33 AM)rodkoch09@gmail.com Wrote: Hi all, first time on so please bear with me if I've made any blues, quick overview, my name is Rod and my wife is Jodie and we are from the Riverland of S.A.  We have had a '71 van sitting in the shed for years and now it's time to get moving on it. 
Would like to pick the members brains and would appreciate any feedback, would anyone have any pics of a dolly they may have made for making it easier to move the shell around without the actual wheels on it so works can be carried out on the underside, cheers Rod

If i remember correctly Rick (@rstucke) created a couple of brilliant gadgets for working on Kombis. 
Can't find the youtube link. 
PR
that was a long time ago

VW ROTATOR - YouTube
This is a difficult site

I have grey hair now, not sure whether this resto caused it

here is the finished article

Not the beetle
If I could chase the owner of it down I would buy it
and buy the way I have no measurements, I built it as I went.
the dolly wheels designed for trailers/caravans came from Super Cheap, lowered on one side, raised on the other to help tip it over
Modified it to get it right
Sadly the excellent thread with the dolly's, jigs and rotisseries went with the old site. Here's the Samba thread that somehow got me here to the Kombi Club....
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto...p?t=175412

First... Welcome Rod and Jodie.
Second ... good to have another South Aussie on board, we're often in the riverland
Third... Volksfest is coming up on the 27th of November at Elder Park, if you can get along you may be able to pick up some ideas and even some parts.
Smile
Cheers
Terry.
(27-10-2022, 08:48 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Sadly the excellent thread with the dolly's, jigs and rotisseries went with the old site. Here's the Samba thread that somehow got me here to the Kombi Club....
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto...p?t=175412

First... Welcome Rod and Jodie.
Second ... good to have another South Aussie on board, we're often in the riverland
Third... Volksfest is coming up on the 27th of November at Elder Park, if you can get along you may be able to pick up some ideas and even some parts.
Smile
Cheers
Terry.

Thanks for the warm welcome Terry, and secondly for the link to Samba thread, looks very helpful, will certainly put the 27th in the diary, cheers guys........