Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubeless tyre puncture repair kit. It works !!
Used one of these recently and found it to be brilliant !
Under $20 from Auto Barn, I now carry it in my spares kit in the kombi and highly recommend it.

You get a Reamer to clear and broaden the hole to suit the "plug", an application tool, some rubber adhesive,five soft rubber compound rubber cords and a small trimming knife.
Process is really simple....remove the offending Tek screw, ream the hole a few times, place the cord in the applicator and apply the rubber adhesive all over the cord.. ( this acts as a lubricant to aid the insertion into the hole...) The adhesive appears to cause the cord to expand little, (could be wrong on this) and you then firmly push the cord into the hole until there's about a quarter of the cord sticking above the tread.....then, very quickly remove the applicator upwards which disengages the plug and it's all done !!
Re-inflate the tyre, check for any leak with soapy water and you're back on the road....
A "must have" for anyone travelling.....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(31-12-2022, 11:22 AM)Oldman Wrote: Used one of these recently and found it to be brilliant !
Under $20 from Auto Barn, I now carry it in my spares kit in the kombi and highly recommend it.

You get a Reamer to clear and broaden the hole to suit the "plug", an application tool, some rubber adhesive,five soft rubber compound rubber cords and a small trimming knife.
Process is really simple....remove the offending Tek screw, ream the hole a few times, place the cord in the applicator and apply the rubber adhesive all over the cord.. ( this acts as a lubricant to aid the insertion into the hole...) The adhesive appears to cause the cord to expand little, (could be wrong on this) and you then firmly push the cord into the hole until there's about a quarter of the cord sticking above the tread.....then, very quickly remove the applicator upwards which disengages the plug and it's all done !!
Re-inflate the tyre, check for any leak with soapy water and you're back on the road....
A "must have" for anyone travelling.....

Had this kit and tools for many years now. Repaired many tyres, included a borrowed BobCat tyre!

Only hint, is to keep an eye on the rubber adhesive tube. Doesn’t last long after opening and recapped, and worth buying a new unopened one or two, to add to the kit, so it’s all ready to go when needed.

Add a 12v tyre inflation compressor, and you’re ready to repair a flat tyre anywhere!
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I also carry the same and a 12V compressor.  Only used it once out near Uluru when I got a puncture in a tyre on the '82 camper that I owned.  Highly recommended.