Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The '75
I'll add to this thread as I go through my old photos; here's some pics from 10 yrs ago (people from the old website may know the story but it's nice to have a record here). 

The '75 came from (and was delivered on a trailer by) Nick from Volksparts in Bungendore. It was an 8 seater microbus that had previously belonged to a vacuum cleaner repairman.

It had been in the paddock long enough to grow some moss, but being a Canberra car it was rust free (except for the battery tray)

The inside was also in need of a good scrub - and some bits of trim 

I scrubbed, painted, tidied and replaced bits as I went. The plan was for a Tintop camper so I sold the rear seats and spare wheel cover (and that paid for a fair bit)

Thought I'd better stick my head underneath as well and do some spannering

The engine had good compression but was pretty oily and the shims under the rocker supports told the story of sunken valves --- so, new heads, pushrod tube seals etc. as well as plugs, leads, pertronix ignition, rebuilt carburettors and blazecut

Wired up a voltage sensitive relay, agm house battery and fuse box

Got one of Jamie's seats shipped down and got it upholstered at 'Trims by Shaun'

Put in a water tank and pump... got a cupboard built which I bolted in with a gap for the portable table behind the driver's seat

Started with a 35 litre fridge but soon went to a 65 litre one