Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optus
Anyone affected by Optus debacle? 
We have internet with them, but haven't received any communication yet.
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
My mobile is with Amaysim, who piggy backs the Optus network.
So far nothing by way of unusual activity or communication….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
And just now on the news…..the perpetrators are supposedly apologising to Australia and will no longer release any info.
Could it be a case of,
“ don’t bring a knife to a gunfight….?”
No matter what the reality is, Optus must surely be in hyper-damage control…….
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Yep - reckon we will be changing

It's scary what we share about the place.
We are all so vigilant about our credit card details but people pass the CCV number over as quick as a flash when buying something over the phone or on line  Confused Huh
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
I had a ‘“prepaid” mobile telephone with Optus many years ago, but no dealings with them since.

However, I did get an email from them yesterday, revealing that as much information about me, that many KCA members already know about me, MAY have been released:

Dear Grant,
It is with great disappointment I’m writing to let you know that Optus has been a victim of a cyberattack. As a former Optus customer this has resulted in the disclosure of some of your personal information.
No financial information or passwords have been accessed. The information which has been exposed is a combination of your name, date of birth, email, phone number and/or address associated with your former account. 
No ID document numbers or details have been affected.”
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(28-09-2022, 07:52 PM)Grantus Wrote: I had a ‘“prepaid” mobile telephone with Optus many years ago, but no dealings with them since.

However, I did get an email from them yesterday, revealing that as much information about me, that many KCA members already know about me, MAY have been released:

Dear Grant,
It is with great disappointment I’m writing to let you know that Optus has been a victim of a cyberattack. As a former Optus customer this has resulted in the disclosure of some of your personal information.
No financial information or passwords have been accessed. The information which has been exposed is a combination of your name, date of birth, email, phone number and/or address associated with your former account. 
No ID document numbers or details have been affected.”
I was with them until about 20 years ago.
Received a survey from a marketing company on their behalf a couple of years ago so was still in their system then.
No email re the current data breach.

I still receive marketing emails from the dealer from whom I purchased a car over 30 years ago!
PR
If anyone is really concerned about this, don't go to a club. You are only relying on the honesty of the person that you hand your licence to for scanning.
I’m a winner, got an email this afternoon from Optus. They said they have my license number, just got a message from daughter, she also has been compromised.
Cheers Brian and Cathy
On the news today they caught the little #4i* that hacked Optus. Will see down the track what sentence he will get.
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(06-10-2022, 09:12 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: On the news today they caught the little #4i* that hacked Optus. Will see down the track what sentence he will get.

Are you sure? I thought he was just a “would be scammer”, hoping to profit from the Optus debarcle, by sending $2k demands for money to less than a hundred Optus customers - none of which fell for it, or paid.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab