Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canberra German Auto Day 2022
Got up real earlier and drove down to Queanbeyan where the German Auto Day was being held at Brad Haddin Oval. I arrived just before 8:00am. It was a dam cold for this Sydney sider ,when I first got out of the car but as the day went on it warmed up when the sun came out. 
The event did lack food vendors, there was one which run out of pies by 10:30am. Overall a good day.

72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
(25-09-2022, 08:26 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Got up real earlier and drove down to Queanbeyan where the German Auto Day was being held at Brad Haddin Oval. I arrived just before 8:00am. It was a dam cold for this Sydney sider ,when I first got out of the car but as the day went on it warmed up when the sun came out. 
The event did lack food vendors, there was one which run out of pies by 10:30am. Overall a good day.

Looked like a good day Wayne. Is that Grants Bus? What's on the bullbar?

Yes Grant's Bus T3 ,He has hand sanitiser bottle, cable tied on
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Beat me to it Wayne! Great pics, and congrats on the trophy win for your dual cab - very well deserved.

The local council insisted on drip trays under all the vehicles, so I slid one under the bus. Didn’t want it to get dirty, to have to take home again inside the bus, so I positioned it under the front, where all the other cars had them.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(25-09-2022, 08:57 PM)Grantus Wrote: Beat me to it Wayne! Great pics, and congrats on the trophy win for your dual cab - very well deserved.

The local council insisted on drip trays under all the vehicles, so I slid one under the bus. Didn’t want it to get dirty, to have to take home again inside the bus, so I positioned it under the front, where all the other cars had them.  Wink
Thanks Grant, Have you got any photos of cars I missed?
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
(25-09-2022, 09:01 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Thanks Grant, Have you got any photos of cars I missed?

Maybe, but will be on my phone.

Still loading the SC for the 8am departure tomorrow, so I’ll have a look tomorrow.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Thanks for the update Wayne  Cool
Looks like a great turnout and yet another trophy for your pool room  Wink
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(25-09-2022, 10:02 PM)Oldman Wrote: Thanks for the update Wayne  Cool
Looks like a great turnout and yet another trophy for your pool room  Wink

Me thinks the pool room may be due for an extension.... Big Grin
First of all, the award winners:

Then some random pics of the event…..

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
And a couple more:

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab