Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior trim
Those vents are just dumb. 
They make the corner so fragile. 

T3’s finally got it right and had a cut out for the whole corner. 

That all said - I have absolutely no idea what that vent does???
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
I think you will find air comes in from the front through the door and you slide that blue cover either open or closed.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(22-10-2022, 04:49 PM)Melissa Wrote: I think you will find air comes in from the front through the door and you slide that blue cover either open or closed.

You could be right……. But I thought they allowed air to exit the vehicle, when you have the front vents open, with all the windows closed, to improve the airflow.  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Job complete! The plastic membrane was still good except it was missing down the bottom as someone years ago had added speakers and cut it away. I added new plastic to that part and put the cards back on.

Very happy with the results. Shout out to Just Kampers door cards:
https://www.justkampers.com.au/catalog/p...egory/788/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Looks good. Not sure what the vents do or what they were meant to do but they were the original design.
Alpal
Living the Dream. JFDI
1979 Bay Schmetterling
Just my guess ….but the doors also have “air in” penetrations along their front edge . 
These would allow air into the interior of the door skin, where the sliding vent is. I’m guessing that this would allow fresh air to circulate into the cab when all the windows are up. 
When the heater is on and the cold air intake is shut off, this would be a means of ensuring air balance to the interior.
Could be waaaay off on this but it makes sense to me  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(24-10-2022, 06:06 AM)Oldman Wrote: Just my guess ….but the doors also have “air in” penetrations along their front edge . 
These would allow air into the interior of the door skin, where the sliding vent is. I’m guessing that this would allow fresh air to circulate into the cab when all the windows are up. 
When the heater is on and the cold air intake is shut off, this would be a means of ensuring air balance to the interior.
Could be waaaay off on this but it makes sense to me  Tongue

You & Alpal are both right. Gave a pair of these to Melissa from Old Boy as we'd been in the snowy for too long in the
 70/80's. 

They pull air in from the front 'penetrations' @ let air flow in the cab. Not desirable in the snowies & not totally seal able when closed. Always a bit cold on the thigh on the outside edge Sad .

Maybe a Plan B from those German engineers so that you got some fresh air & didn't get asphyxiated from the heater!!!!

Probably good to help dry out the inside of the doors with increased airflow;-)!

Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(24-10-2022, 08:12 PM)DavidH Wrote: You & Alpal are both right. Gave a pair of these to Melissa from Old Boy as we'd been in the snowy for too long in the
 70/80's. 

They pull air in from the front 'penetrations' @ let air flow in the cab. Not desirable in the snowies & not totally seal able when closed. Always a bit cold on the thigh on the outside edge Sad .

Maybe a Plan B from those German engineers so that you got some fresh air & didn't get asphyxiated from the heater!!!!

Probably good to help dry out the inside of the doors with increased airflow;-)!

Cheers

I still have at least one of them David - I passed one on to another member.