Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canberra German Auto Day 2022
Canberra German car show is on Sunday, 25 September 2022.
At Brad Haddin Oval (Town Park)Lowe St Queanbeyan
Lowe St Queanbeyan NSW 2620.
Link to VW Canberra event details and registering

https://www.eventcreate.com/e/club-...dbG0T2FKrvxA0AAQTkWzPK3ryJS6qASh1duhQSxjawf2Q
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
Denial is a sign of quilt !
Updated above post as entry changed Lowe st. little confused with the bold section from website.

Entry to the venue for [b]ALL[/b] GAD vehicles is from Lowe Street, Queanbeyan. Vehicles will proceed down Lowe Street and turn left on to Campbell Street.

[b]Please be advised there is no entry onto Campbell Street (except for residents) from Canberra Avenue to reduce traffic gridlock.[/b] 
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
(18-08-2022, 06:46 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Updated above post as entry changed Lowe st. little confused with the bold section from website.

Entry to the venue for [b]ALL[/b] GAD vehicles is from Lowe Street, Queanbeyan. Vehicles will proceed down Lowe Street and turn left on to Campbell Street.

[b]Please be advised there is no entry onto Campbell Street (except for residents) from Canberra Avenue to reduce traffic gridlock.[/b] 

If the entry queue is even half what happens at the nationals, it would be gridlock if people enter Campbell St from Canberra Ave.

By using Lowe street, then back down Campbell Street to the entry, it will allow a queue right around the venue, without causing too many local traffic issues.

Brad Haddin Oval, would not be my first choice for a large car show, but maybe it’s the only venue left?

Unsure whether I’ll make this one, as I’ve been invited to a birthday party on the Central Coast, the night before. Undecided
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
I now think I will make this one. 

I’ve just had to cancel the “away” birthday party overnight, as I really need to stay local at the moment, due to health issues with an excessive amount of friends & relatives, so I should now be able to spend the day, at this ACT Shannons German Autofest, (held in Queanbeyan NSW - go figure?)  Undecided

And another mate who does a lot of classic car shows, assures me the venue is excellent for car shows, contrary to my previous assumptions…  Blush
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Looks like you have to register and pay prior to arrival, unlike past years, where you could do it as you enter…….

https://checkout.eventcreate.com/club-ve...select-buy

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Early BOM forecast for this event on Sunday, is a sunny 19 degree day  Wink

88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Any other KCA’ers going to this one? Rolleyes 

Just need to know, so I make a point of finding and saying “hi”, and not appear to be rude…… Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
We’re out….gotta prep for Old Bar …..leaving next Thursday morning….
Have a great day out  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(23-09-2022, 11:12 PM)Grantus Wrote: Any other KCA’ers going to this one? Rolleyes 

Just need to know, so I make a point of finding and saying “hi”, and not appear to be rude…… Tongue

Plan on coming down tomorrow morning, you'll have no problems finding me Big Grin Or one of my kombis Rolleyes
72 Kombi Microbus
72 Kombi Van
72 Kombi DC Ute
76 Kombi SC Ute
(24-09-2022, 09:31 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: Plan on coming down tomorrow morning, you'll have no problems finding me Big Grin Or one of my kombis Rolleyes

Awesome! I’m not intending to turn up at the entry gate before 8.30am, but will catch up once parked up.  Smile
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab