Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers Licence Suspended!
You're a doppelganger and they finally tracked down the person whose identity you stole?

Maybe not...
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
…..an air cooled bureaucrat that is systematically taking water cooled VW drivers off the road…?
Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(04-08-2022, 05:17 PM)Oldman Wrote: Ok, I’m gonna cast a wider net……
I’m guessing that the suspension has nothing whatsoever to do with driving or vehicle ownership/registration….rather, it’s a means to ensure the rectification of another misdemeanour by threatening licence suspension as a “motivational means “ .

Nope, no other misdemeanours, or interstate fines, and I am actually a fine upstanding member of the community, with no record.

I even paid the 45 Euro speed camera fine I got in Northern France in 2018, for doing 81kph, in an 80kph zone at 1.14am.

(04-08-2022, 05:22 PM)Melissa Wrote: You forgot to vote or you didn't confirm your address somewhere along the line?

Addresses are all correct, and the suspension letter arrived to the correct address via Australia Post, however the previous letter, didn’t arrive.

(04-08-2022, 06:49 PM)wirrah Wrote: You're a doppelganger and they finally tracked down the person whose identity you stole?

Maybe not...

(04-08-2022, 07:07 PM)Oldman Wrote: …..an air cooled bureaucrat that is systematically taking water cooled VW drivers off the road…?
Tongue

You two are funny!  Big Grin

I will post the whole story on Saturday , as I’m off to a remote area west of Bathurst tomorrow, and back Saturday afternoon.

A clue: Lorraine is the closest so far, although I didn’t need a medical certificate from a GP.  Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Something to do with an eye test …?, or a requirement that wasn’t adhered to ?
Cheers,
Mark

(05-08-2022, 07:19 AM)Oldman Wrote: Something to do with an eye test …?, or a requirement that wasn’t adhered to ?

Cigar goes to Mark!

Last October, my licence renewal came in the mail, and yes, having an eye test was a condition of the licence.

I rang the department, and was told they were closed due to Covid lockdowns. I explained my licence was about to expire, and they said don’t let it expire, renew it online, and see a GP for my test, and submit it to them.

I argued that why should I have to pay my GP, when part of the licence fee includes the department doing the test?

So I paid for my licence online, received the new one in the mail, and heard nothing more about the eyesight test for months.

Apparently, 7 months later, they posted me a request to do an eyesight test, which didn’t arrive. As I hadn’t done the eyesight test in the timeframe they requested, they then suspended my licence.

I showed up at the Road Transport Authorityy shopfront, passed the test, and after some time, they assured me my licence was reinstated.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Boom !
Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark

Glad it was easily sorted but what if that notification had been lost in the mail as well? You would have been happily driving around none the wiser until getting pulled over or booked!
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(06-08-2022, 08:58 AM)Melissa Wrote: Glad it was easily sorted but what if that notification had been lost in the mail as well? You would have been happily driving around none the wiser until getting pulled over or booked!

Yes, imagine trying to explain your way out of that to Mr Plod  Huh
Cheers,
Mark

Here's another one ... a couple of years back I got a licence suspension letter so I went to the shopfront to see what was going on

They said I had an outstanding red light camera infringement ... It was from one of my cars that my daughter often drove

I hadn't received the notice so asked where it was sent ... not my address

Found out that all 7 of my cars had been transferred to another person's address through some typo so he got the notice and probably binned it .. my licence was still at my address so I got the suspension notice

(made some noise and was assured that processes would be reviewed) ..mmmmm
(06-08-2022, 04:26 PM)Tintop Wrote: Here's another one ... a couple of years back I got a licence suspension letter so I went to the shopfront to see what was going on

They said I had an outstanding red light camera infringement ... It was from one of my cars that my daughter often drove

I hadn't received the notice so asked where it was sent ... not my address

Found out that all 7 of my cars had been transferred to another person's address through some typo so he got the notice and probably binned it .. my licence was still at my address so I got the suspension notice

(made some noise and was assured that processes would be reviewed) ..mmmmm

They are good! A friend has 9 vehicles, mostly classics, and is in there on a regular basis swapping regos, plates etc.

Interesting that “Consierge Karen”, “counter Karen”, and “supervisor Karen”, all have different interpretations of the rules to be applied.  Undecided
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab