Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Express to Valla - July 2022
a great read and great to catch up guys - really sorry about the dog though... Sad
Gordon
All Air Cooled
www.allaircooled.com.au
We carry stock of Blazecut, Air Cooled Accessories, Wolfsburg West, Buttys Bits, Wolfgang International, Silver Weld Through Panels, Geek Shack, Grumpys metal in Australia and ship anywhere..
Thought I had one somewhere...

Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
The park up in the Nambucca Street was great. There was quiet a crowd and while no official numbers it was over 450 VW’s and probably less than 700. It was 60 years of the type 34, Karmann Ghia, so they lead the parade and parked up the middle so it was tiered to the center with the kombis and beetles down the edges. You really didn’t like VW’s if you couldn’t find something to grab your fancy. From splitties, notch, bays, ovals, high lights, low lights, buggies, a thing, razors, golfs, snails, early porches, transporters and even an Amarok (but maybe they just got parked in ?). 

Check out more VW photos from the weekend here. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...774&type=3

Due to our late entry into the street we ended up being one of the first out. So we cruised back to camp and sat ourselves on the corner to watch everyone else come home.

Tess dragged Dno to the beach for a look and ended up drawing Kombis on the sand. Of course. In the afternoon we took groups on ‘Safari’, 9 people at a time, around the holiday park. (All remaining seated with closed bottles of alcohol ?)

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!
Sensational adventure again.

I was wondering why the coppa had pulled you over....glad to hear all was OK...he seemed to be looking closely at your license as we drove past.

Anyway, now you know the route from Valla to Nambucca Street Parade, the next one will probably be from Macksville and you will need to learn the other route.

Glad it all worked out well.
Express to Valla - post 12

Sunday was Show & Shine day at the park so we joined the line up and opened the ragtop and the doors and left the photo album out for anyone that was interested. We parked up next to a very shiny 1964 deluxe and compared paintwork. Met the new owners and discovered once again that we pretty much share the same language and ability to tell kombi stories.

We wandered around the show and swap meet and chilled back at camp. Took a beach walk in the arvo. Tess and Kav argued about the appropriate evening attire - Gold Coast verses Millthorpe. Caught the awards and the fireworks and we settled in with mulled wine round the camp…. heaters with the shivering Queenslanders.

Hayley (Quombi)
Sunburnt Express - it’s only original once
No we are not restoring it, we are preserving it and driving it!
Awesome pics and journal Hayley.  Smile

Thanks for sharing, for those of us stuck at home to enjoy, that couldn’t attend. Wink
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(03-08-2022, 09:46 PM)wirrah Wrote: Thought I had one somewhere...

Great pic! But then again, hard to take a bad pic of the Sunburnt Express.  Big Grin

So good Hayley! Good on you Tess for showing muscle to those soft QLDers!!  Big Grin 
Gracie also impressed and says g’day!  Heart
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Another awesome chapter Hayley, thanks ! Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thanks for sharing your great trip and bus, it was an awesome event thats for sure apart from the change to the street parade that had us along with a heap of others parked up down behind the shops, we missed the main street by 3 cars, bugga, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily