Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT To Ban Fossil Fuel Cars From 2035, With VIC, QLD & NSW Also Getting On Board
How many more years are we going to be able to drive our kombis with the push for electric powered cars and the ending of fossil fuels.
This Youtube article from the The Project tv show , which shows what were up against with the banning of fossil fuel cars in 2035. 
It will take them years to get the electric system up to scratch to cope with the demand. Canberra will be the first test case....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bfYoSc1P4
In my opinion Chuck, the Govt. stands to lose too much by eliminating fossil fuels…..
I believe that I’ll be able to drive my kombi until I choose not to, or my licence is taken away from me  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
That’s for new car sales. 
But yes - we are on the way out. 

Can’t see them dropping petrol sales for a decade or so after that. 

Reckon I’m good for at least 25 years and I don’t think I will give a toss by then. 

Go back 25 years to the late 90’s and there was no talk of electric cars. 
The first Tesla didn’t pop up till 2009-ish
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(19-07-2022, 08:46 AM)Oldman Wrote: In my opinion Chuck, the Govt. stands to lose too much by eliminating fossil fuels…..
I believe that I’ll be able to drive my kombi until I choose not to, or my licence is taken away from me  Tongue

I'm with you on this one Mark. I would like to know what the alternative fuel would. be.electricity is not a viable alternative propesition yet and biofuels could not keep up with the demand , unless they turned food crops into fuel crops and I can't see the government allowing that .
I like it. This policy could "fuel" a new view on our future and the future of our beloved volksies. Me?, I'm busy collecting 10 cent cans and bottles to fund my path into the new gen E-VW kombi, just like in this link. https://www.scu.edu.au/kombi/#about.

Mmmmm, a Tesla 3 (or 4 or 5) sitting under the floor of my '82.
I’m with Barry on this one.

They are only proposing a ban on new car sales with ICE from that date. 

Our buses are still safe, as long as the fossil fuel sellers are still a going concern, and can supply the juice we need.

But I don’t even want to think about what price pre litre they will be charging then…… Sad
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab