Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who's Coming & Where are you Staying
Update on our arrangements - we have now booked into local B&B accommodation.

Thanks, John and Linda
(21-01-2023, 01:29 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: Ummmm....... We live about 70km away in Mannum beside the flooded Murray River. Not sure if we should book in for a non powered site for the weekend or travel there and back each day ....... if the road that runs past our house is still under water by then and we have to battle the bush track to and from the house, then staying at the carvan park would be the way to go.
How much of the whole vibe thing is happening at the actual caravan park that we would miss out on if we travelled from home each day?

T1 Terry

The weekend “whole vibe thing”  staying together at the destined accomodation each year is the way to go. Very sociable and a lot of fun……….
Yes - it’s the whole wandering around “oh - g’day. Nice van. Who are you on the forum. Hang on. I’ll go get a beer/cup of tea/whatever”
2 hrs later you have a new friend
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(22-01-2023, 02:16 PM)Barry Wrote: Yes - it’s the whole wandering around “oh - g’day. Nice van. Who are you on the forum. Hang on. I’ll go get a beer/cup of tea/whatever”
2 hrs later you have a new friend

2 hrs later? I thought that came with them offering a cold beer :lol:

The wife says ok, but we also have to bring the Hino converted bus motohome (small RB 145, not a full size bus) so the cat and dog can come as well, not to mention the 240v fridge, air fryer, coffee machine, comfy bed, hot water and toilet/shower and diesel heater  Dodgy  but it does have a good battery, solar and inverter, so we can be a back up power station for anyone who needs power but couldn't get a powered site. 
So Margaret will drive Kombi and I'll drive the Hino with the ferocious mexican hunting dog, and the cat that could probably swallow the dog whole .... but won't because he doesn't want the bad taste in his mouth  Tongue

T1 Terry & Margaret, Coco and Putem tat ......
(22-01-2023, 04:02 PM)T1 Terry Wrote: 2 hrs later? I thought that came with them offering a cold beer :lol:

The wife says ok, but we also have to bring the Hino converted bus motohome (small RB 145, not a full size bus) so the cat and dog can come as well, not to mention the 240v fridge, air fryer, coffee machine, comfy bed, hot water and toilet/shower and diesel heater  Dodgy  but it does have a good battery, solar and inverter, so we can be a back up power station for anyone who needs power but couldn't get a powered site. 
So Margaret will drive Kombi and I'll drive the Hino with the ferocious mexican hunting dog, and the cat that could probably swallow the dog whole .... but won't because he doesn't want the bad taste in his mouth  Tongue

T1 Terry & Margaret, Coco and Putem tat ......

Perfect……………so you’re all set then !!  Big Grin
(21-01-2023, 10:56 AM)Doob Wrote: We are planning on coming across from Perth. Unfortunately we can not stay for the entire week-end - but we are booked into the Hotel for Saturday night.
This is our first KCA Bus Stop & very much looking forward to finally meeting some of the members of this great community. 
Thanks 
Grant & Jayne (Doob)

Fabulous! will be great to meet you, what time are you looking at arriving in Strath on Saturday hope you'll be able to join in the Kruise, we also have a Gala Dinner (fancy dress) & hope we'll see you there (thread going up today) come seek us out (staying in cabin) & you'll get your name badge & info bag.
cheers Deb  Big Grin
Leave nothing but Tyre Tread 
(21-01-2023, 10:56 AM)Doob Wrote: We are planning on coming across from Perth. Unfortunately we can not stay for the entire week-end - but we are booked into the Hotel for Saturday night.
This is our first KCA Bus Stop & very much looking forward to finally meeting some of the members of this great community. 
Thanks 
Grant & Jayne (Doob)
Looking forward to meeting you both  Smile
(25-01-2023, 08:00 AM)Debstar Wrote: Fabulous! will be great to meet you, what time are you looking at arriving in Strath on Saturday hope you'll be able to join in the Kruise, we also have a Gala Dinner (fancy dress) & hope we'll see you there (thread going up today) come seek us out (staying in cabin) & you'll get your name badge & info bag.
cheers Deb  Big Grin

Our schedule is not absolutely firm yet - may get there lunch-time Saturday so not sure we will make the morning 'Kruise' ? - but we will be there for the Gala Dinner - just saw the menu is posted - looks great well done.
1971 Sopru aka Doob
(21-01-2023, 05:40 PM)Choco Wrote: Summa and I will be there but not sure on accomodating as yet ?

Hi mate, have you  decided on your accommodation as yet? On the name tags I have Summa & you'd be?? looking forward to meeting you
cheers Deb Big Grin
(25-01-2023, 07:35 PM)Doob Wrote: Our schedule is not absolutely firm yet - may get there lunch-time Saturday so not sure we will make the morning 'Kruise' ? - but we will be there for the Gala Dinner - just saw the menu is posted - looks great well done.

Cool, don't forget to post when you pay & your meal preferences
cheers  Big Grin