Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 76 Sopru called Olive
(12-07-2022, 04:40 AM)Wombatventures Wrote: Great job getting your old posts over. And your repairs look spot on. Hope ours come up as good.
Dead set lucky with that nut. I had the pivot pin come out of the fuel pump on the Notch one time. Lost power straight away and stalled from lack of fuel. Popped the boot and hatch and there was the pin sitting on the top of the engine. Gotta be lucky sometimes

Thanks, I had previously had a forum I was involved in have pretty much the same thing happen, I had a scratch built Lotus 7 replica thread from start to finish, that I done mainly to share my ride and keep the information of all parts and how and why I done what I did so that when i'm gone to another life my son who inherits it will have some background of the parts I used for when he has to repair it, I spent a couple of nights moving it across and then I only just finished and it disappeared forever, so when I heard that the same thing was happening again I just started late in the afternoon and kept at it until I was finished about 11pm, the next day I was going to start on other important threads but I had lost access and unfortunately it was gone, I feel for forum member that have lost most of the history/information, builds and knowledge that had been posted over those 17 years, its very unfortunate.

Yes I was lucky with the nut, saying that I had spent plenty of time on the tinware and there is no holes so it had to be there somewhere, I had to get some long nose pliers out as it was in under the manifold and my fat fingers couldn't reach it, I had never touched those nuts when I pulled the carbs to service them I only undone the linkage, and obviously I never checked them or it wouldn't have fallen off, they don't like running on one carb thats for sure, you too were very lucky with the Notch.

On one of our last outings when I went to fill the bus with fuel it felt different when I put the nozzle in the filler, turned out that the rubber filler elbow had cracked, hadn't realised it at the time but the very last time out in her the very first left hand corner we took Katherine started to complain about a fuel smell, yeah I can smell too you know, any way I knew what it was as soon as I smelt it as I had already done all of the little bits of the breather system when I had the engine out, so it was straight on the phone to order one and a couple of days later it arrived, and what a bastard job it is, it was the first one I have done in 43 years of Kombi ownership, seriously I could have pulled the engine quicker, I couldn't feel what the  head of the screw in the hose clamp was, phillips or straight drive so I pressed my thumb into it to leave an imprint on it and I still couldn't tell, so I ended up undoing the steel pipe at the tank and the filler cap off and I ended up just pulling from the tank end through the filler hole , turned out that it was phillips but the head was on the back side that I couldn't get too and I was feeling the wrong end of the screw, anyway its now done so another job ticked off, happy days again, cheers Greg

[Image: gx3qWan.jpg?2]

[Image: aRCXltC.jpg?2]

d

A couple of more pics of us out and about in Olive just to test some posting pic issues i'm having, cheers Greg

[img][Image: MMwiLU6.jpg?1][/img]

[img][Image: It1hiDm.jpg][/img]
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily