Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gertrude our 1976 Sopru
Quote:David H said: 

Quote:Where are the good ones?). That's an engine out every 8 months[Image: clear.png] to get to sender[Image: clear.png].
Cheers

The good ones are original ones[Image: clear.png].Like you say with fuel injection,you can get one that has no troubles at all and others are a pain in arse. You may have luck with no fuel injection issues but have had issues with sender units. [Image: clear.png][Image: clear.png].You don't need a sender any way as you drove around for 20 years without a working gauge[Image: clear.png][Image: clear.png] . Of course that has know changed[Image: clear.png]

72 Kombi 8 Seater Microbus
72 Double Cab Ute
76 Single Cab Ute
Wayne murrayApr 1, 2020

Quote:Dave the previous owner had the sender replaced, I'm not sure of brand but its a new unit, lets hope its new old stock, from memory looking at the old receipts it was done by Australian Performance VW Centre in Croydon Vic, the sender was working but when the tank was filled it only ever showed half a tank and when I pulled the tank to check what was going on while I had the engine out and do a bit of house work around the tank I realised that the sender had been installed sideways across the tank and the float was unable to get to the top of the fuel level, the apprentice must have been given the task of installing it that day, David what holds you access cover in place or does it just sit there, cheers Greg

onetrackwonderApr 1, 2020

Quote:onetrackwonder said: 

Quote:David what holds you access cover in place or does it just sit there,

I made the cover plate out of flat sheet & it's held in position with some fancy 3m double sided tape. Totally sealed but I had it loose for ages whilst I sorted out the gauge.
Cheers

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, Today is the PRESENT.
Pilot of 'Old Boy' 76 Sopru Fuel Injected
Co pilot Lauren
http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/76-sopru-resto.54261/
http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/76-sopru-old-boy.56558/
David HApr 1, 2020

Quote:Great to get back into it Greg, ive got a couple of Kombi projects lined up for isolation!!

JethroApr 2, 2020

Quote:Thanks Jethro, what have you got planned, yep sure is good to get back into the shed, helps to clear the head that is for sure, this week its been back into the house building and I'm making progress towards completion, starting too get through all the shitty jobs that I have been putting off, the last 20% seems to take 80% of the time, can't wait for it to be finished, cheers Greg

onetrackwonderApr 2, 2020

Quote:Thanks Jethro, what have you got planned, yep sure is good to get back into the shed, helps to clear the head that is for sure, this week its been back into the house building and I'm making progress towards completion, starting too get through all the shitty jobs that I have been putting off, the last 20% seems to take 80% of the time, can't wait for it to be finished, cheers Greg

Jobs are - Replace rear brake pads, unpick fly screen from original poptop canvas and sew in new flyscreen, install classic retro blue dash fan, repair original door card to rear hatch, replace indicator assembly (old stopped returning, new arrived today from jk).
Looking forward to having the time!!
Cheers

JethroApr 2, 2020

Quote:Oh, and restoring the original fold out table given to me by @David H and installing!!

JethroApr 2, 2020

Quote:the last 20% seems to take 80% of the time, can't wait for it to be finished, cheers Greg

That’s very accurate! I don’t know why, but when you get 80% done, it does look like you’re almost finished, and it’s always surprising, how long it takes to do that other 20%.

[Image: img-0520.jpg] 

Kanga Banga - Blue 88 Manual Caravelle CL (T3)

Utervelle - Blue 91 Manual Single Cab (T3) 

http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/my-t3-single-cab-project.50622/page-17

http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/kanga-banga-tidy-up.57512/
GrantusApr 2, 2020

Quote:One more job I wanted to do before everything goes back together is to spruce up the look of the engine, I started to sand back all of the tin ware and painted some of it but wasn't happy so I decided to start from scratch so I set about and sand blasted everything, very happy that I made that decision, so now to paint it all, cheers Greg

https//i.imgur.com/I864cqr.jpg[/img]][Image: I864cqr.jpg]

onetrackwonderApr 26, 2020
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily

Messages In This Thread
Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 05-07-2022, 05:27 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru Campmobile - by onetrackwonder - 05-07-2022, 07:34 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 11-07-2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by DavidH - 14-07-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 12-08-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by Oldman - 12-08-2022, 10:22 AM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 13-08-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by Elsie76 - 14-08-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 15-08-2022, 09:02 AM