Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Issues ? Bus not running quite like it should ?
With all the rain and humidity we’ve been experiencing lately, I’ve found my kombi a little hesitant to start.
I checked all the usuals…..fuel filter, electrical connections, water in fuel etc. and found a build up of condensation under the distributor cap. Wiped it all dry and a squirt of WD40, excess removed and it was marginally better but still not what it should be……
Pulled the leads off the dizzy cap and checked the leads closely…….the dizzy end of no. 1 and no.4 were dull and oxidised…..wire brush, squirt of WD and they are all good again. While I was at it, I looked down the ht lead plugs on the dizzy cap……this is what I saw :

Instead of bright brass, there was heavy oxidisation on 1 & 4… first time I’ve thought to check this..
Replaced with a new Bosch cap and rotor button as well for good measure.
(thanks Kai )
Starts first time, every time….as it should…..again.
Once again, an often overlooked issue that is very easy to rectify.

Thanks to Sue for modelling her knees……… Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Nice work Mark, last week I done a you beaut valve adjustment and tune on Olive and I was extremely proud of myself, on the weekend we went for a run down to check out the local beaches and she was running like a pig, I must have hooked my light I was using on number 4 plug lead when I was finished as it was off, push it back on and off she went, I have a big hill on the highway that turns off into Tilba that I test my work and she crested it at 90kph, the fastest its ever gone over the top so i'm pretty happy with that, cheers Greg
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily
Feels good when you get those niggles sorted out !
Well done Greg Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light